With no disrespect to FS or the other individual members - the announcement yesterday by the board has destroyed any credibility the RFB had as a collective.

A bit harsh. The intention of having one representation group the club will speak to instead of talking to 6 different ones - all essentially asking the same questions over and over again - made sense. It was sure not the way Ashley and Co. dealt or intent to deal with supporters. So whatever useful and good intentions there were have essentially been stopped dead with Ashley's power grab. At this moment and time, it looks like the RFB is hung out to dry like any other supporters group. Whether that continues remains to be seen, pending on how the War for Ibrox and Rangers finishes.

A bit harsh. The intention of having one representation group the club will speak to instead of talking to 6 different ones - all essentially asking the same questions over and over again - made sense. It was sure not the way Ashley and Co. dealt or intent to deal with supporters. So whatever useful and good intentions there were have essentially been stopped dead with Ashley's power grab. At this moment and time, it looks like the RFB is hung out to dry like any other supporters group. Whether that continues remains to be seen, pending on how the War for Ibrox and Rangers finishes.

At the outset, many RFB members agreed with me that we needed "something big" in terms of establishing credibility. Some issue where we were seen to have inluenced a Club decision or changed a Club decision because of a case put forward on behalf of the fans.

It is clear that in respect of Celtic tickets the RFB not only did not put forward a case but meekly accepted what had already been decided and then allowed their name to be used to endorse the decision. Frankly that's useless.

Now they have another big opportunity, indeed it is unlikley that they will ever have a bigger opportunity. If they can successfully resist the move to grant security over Ibrox then their future is assured; but if not they will be seen as Club lackeys.

"Requesting information" and failing to draw attention to the notice of intention to grant security in contravention of the commitment that Ibrox was "sacrosanct" is not a great start.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The RFB are becoming an irrelavent distraction when it comes to the ongoing actions in the RIFC boardroom.

They either take extraordinary actions in extraordinary times (ie. outwith set guidelines/protocol) or they silently continue as they were and thus should be ignored and accepted for what it is (ie.designed to be powerless against RIFC board).

The RFB are becoming an irrelavent distraction when it comes to the ongoing actions in the RIFC boardroom.

They either take extraordinary actions in extraordinary times (ie. outwith set guidelines/protocol) or they silently continue as they were and thus should be ignored and accepted for what it is (ie.designed to be powerless against RIFC board).

If they are aiding and abetting those destroying the club, even if just through inaction, they most definitely should not be ignored, they should be exposed at every opportunity.

The amount of contempt thrown at this supporters organization is just proof of how much the support in general is split and divided into "warring" factions. You wonder if those giving the RFB FLAK to no end belong to another supporters' groups (not that it matters) or have indeed their very own - realistic - idea about how the support could unite (which would obviously matter).

I have no doubt whatsoever that those voting and working for the RFB have the best intents for Rangers FC in mind. But in many ways it seems you end up like with the Christian faith in the Middle Ages: all believing in one great thing, but dare you if you don believe in the - imagined - best way of serving God of the main factions.

Edited by der Berliner

If they are aiding and abetting those destroying the club, even if just through inaction, they most definitely should not be ignored, they should be exposed at every opportunity.

IMO our energies should presently be focused on the RIFC board.

If the RFB are as expected, an irrelevance in these type of matters, then they only expose the major flaw at the heart of their remit. They self-harm regards credibility.

You have to consider this in the context of the proposal that was welcomed by Sandy Easdale. That they (RFB) become the only 'fans group/body' to have direct dialogue with the RIFC/TRFC boards.

Edited by buster.

IMO our energies should presently be focused on the RIFC board.

If the RFB are as expected, an irrelevance in these type of matters, then they only expose the major flaw at the heart of their remit. They self-harm regards credibility.

You have to consider this in the context of the proposal that was welcomed by Sandy Easdale. That they (RFB) become the only 'fans group/body' to have direct dialogue with the RIFC/TRFC boards.

This is one instance where 'something is better than nothing' just doesn't work. They have no real power to influence as it is, but if they resigned en masse, that would send out a big message. I won't be holding my breath on that happening.

I dont think you are right in this DB. The contempt comes from the original set-up of this RFB, the elections, voting process, cost, and the fact it was clearly to alienate and split an already split support still further.

It is clearly intended as a patsy for the club to say they consulted with the fans when they dont. And sadly, as the SF tickets fiasco has shown, is working exactly as envisaged by the board when they came up with it.

It has been discussed many times how a properly set up RFB could and should work, and this is not it.

I will support any group of Rangers supporters who are trying to work towards bettering our club and I would heartily support RFB if it does what it is should do. If it just wants to get its tummy tickled by a club Director from time to time, it will get correctly vilified from the very supporters they are supposed to represent. This is the RFB big chance to make a splash and prove they are going to have the balls to tackle the big issues and bring the club to book as best they can when it is clear the club are considering something that no right-minded supporter of the club can agree with. If they manage to do this, they will rightly get the praise their work will deserve. For now, a call for clarification is pathetic, absolutely pathetic, and is rightly subject to abuse from the support.

This is nothing to do with the aims or politics of any fans group, as this is one topic every single Rangers supporter can (or certainly should) agree on, so there should be no room for debate or discussion for the RFB, it should be meeting/corresponding internally and issuing very strongly worded statements and demanding meetings with Club directors to scream at them that this is not on. Anything less should lead to resignations, and the folding/complete restructuring of this patsy organisation.

I have no doubt that every single RFB member signed up with the best intentions to do their best for the supporters and the club, but they not only have to have the time to attend meetings, they have to have the balls to do the dirty work too as well as the photo opportunities and nice things.

This is one instance where 'something is better than nothing' just doesn't work. They have no real power to influence as it is, but if they resigned en masse, that would send out a big message. I won't be holding my breath on that happening.

Yes, it would send a loud message but neither will I be holding my breath for a mass resignation.

The RFB is typical of the whole soap opera.

It's not black or white, but a tone of grey which can be sold on the white whilst hiding the black.

Another pertinent example is the 'blue pound'.

The club need it to survive (white) but the onerous contracts require it for them to be serviced (black) and encourage their beneficiaries to stick around. In effect, a sp.iv tax.

The most effective measures, whether spin or more tangible are often grey.

You wonder if those giving the RFB FLAK to no end belong to another supporters' groups (not that it matters) or have indeed their very own - realistic - idea about how the support could unite (which would obviously matter).

I'd say that the support are uniting tonight. It's noticeable that the RFB are not playing any part in it.

I have no doubt whatsoever that those voting and working for the RFB have the best intents for Rangers FC in mind.

I don't think that's in any doubt.

However it seems that all the RFB are is collators. They collate the questions from the fans, meekly pass them on to the board and relay the answers. It seems like it's a job anyone can do. (apologies FS, but that's what it's coming across as).

If that's what people want then fine, but I don't think it is. We want people in there fighting on our behalf and not being scared to stand up to the directors, and having the credibility to walk away on a point of principle.

If the only response from a fans group on yesterday's news is to say they have requested information and are "concerned" then it proves the point. I get the feeling that they would have preferred to have used a more watered down word than concerned in case they upset anyone within the club but couldn't find one.