If everyone votes as expected then isn't the EGM result a formality?

Will the incumbent directors resign before then ? If that happened would there be any need for an EGM?

As FS said, normally the NOMAD would ensure that the outgoing Board departed without the need for the EGM if it was a done deal (which I think it probably is).

Knowing our luck, they'll be allowed to hang on for as long as possible. I just hope they don't buy £10m of Sports Direct vouchers in the meantime...

As FS said, normally the NOMAD would ensure that the outgoing Board departed without the need for the EGM if it was a done deal (which I think it probably is).

Knowing our luck, they'll be allowed to hang on for as long as possible. I just hope they don't buy £10m of Sports Direct vouchers in the meantime...

Well cant be pressure be brought to bear on the NOMAD ....or can he not be called to account for not operating in the best interests of Rangers

Well cant be pressure be brought to bear on the NOMAD ....or can he not be called to account for not operating in the best interests of Rangers

Surely the NOMAD will now be trying to find out how much support each side has?

I still think the result is pretty much a foregone conclusion if the 10percent of RIFC shareholders who are Rangers supporters back DK.

Surely the NOMAD will now be trying to find out how much support each side has?

I still think the result is pretty much a foregone conclusion if the 10percent of RIFC shareholders who are Rangers supporters back DK.

that is exactly what they will be doing. unfortunately ours are probably campaigning on behalf of ****co.

Everything the current board do between now and the EGM (along with everything they have done up to this point) is to be examined for breaches of fiduciary responsibility by the new board. If they do anything not in the interests of Rangers they'll have to explain it to a judge.

If you want to be charitable, the AIM (the market for smaller companies that RIFC is listed on) is "lightly regulated". Otherwise it's a snake pit.

However, I'm sure King's preferred replacement NOMAD will be particularly interested in ensuring that the rules are being adhered to.

The biggest difference between this egm & the last attempt is that the good guys have at least 30% of the vote.....last time, they had just over 5%.

All of the resolutions proposed in the previous EGM requisition (the proposed elections of Paul Murray, Malcolm Murray, Scot Murdoch & Alex Wilson) obtained around 30% support when they were eventually voted on at the 2013 AGM. Interestingly, Paul Murray got the largest number of votes at 31.7% which was roughly 2% more than any of the other guys.

You do make a good point though because the ownership landscape has changed a lot since then and with the good guys now holding an absolute minimum of 35 to 40 percent of actual shareholdings they must be in with a MUCH better chance of success.

Now is the time for King to come out with a clear vision for the way forward. We know he has the finances to move things forward....couple that with a clear & achievable roadmap, and they will get the required 51% nae bother.