I'd much rather prefer Gilligan than any of the current mob but I set my standards a little higher than that. I'm sorry if you don't have high standards for the Rangers board.

However I should also add that I don't doubt Gilligan's honesty or the fact that he's a good bluenose or that he would try his best for the club, 3 things sadly lacking from the current incumbents.

I think John is some kind of tactical play by Dave King. He is a fan, a very enthusiastic fan. He's not everyone's cup of tea, because he doesn't miss and hit the wall in his approach. Although I have found him good company on the few occasions I have been in his company, I would never have him down as a director at the Club. I'm not saying he wont do a job, but he is a strange choice to say the least. That is why I feel it's some kind of tactical manouvre on DK's part. I just can't visualise John Gilligan on the board. I've been wrong many times before.............

I don't know the man but I find your posts very mysterious. What is it about the man that makes you say he is sub-standard for the Rangers board?

Is he untrustworthy, abrasive, unsophisticated ... what? Perhaps you could explain.

I don't know the man but I find your posts very mysterious. What is it about the man that makes you say he is sub-standard for the Rangers board?

Is he untrustworthy, abrasive, unsophisticated ... what? Perhaps you could explain.

Strange choice of words to take from what has been posted. Bluedell actually states his honesty is not in question. "Sub-standard"? Whats that about?

I'd much rather prefer Gilligan than any of the current mob but I set my standards a little higher than that. I'm sorry if you don't have high standards for the Rangers board.

However I should also add that I don't doubt Gilligan's honesty or the fact that he's a good bluenose or that he would try his best for the club, 3 things sadly lacking from the current incumbents.

I think John is some kind of tactical play by Dave King. He is a fan, a very enthusiastic fan. He's not everyone's cup of tea, because he doesn't miss and hit the wall in his approach. Although I have found him good company on the few occasions I have been in his company, I would never have him down as a director at the Club. I'm not saying he wont do a job, but he is a strange choice to say the least. That is why I feel it's some kind of tactical manouvre on DK's part. I just can't visualise John Gilligan on the board. I've been wrong many times before.............

Strange choice of words to take from what has been posted. Bluedell actually states his honesty is not in question. "Sub-standard"? Whats that about?

Bluedell says he sets his standards higher than Gilligan, but you didn't answer the question.

Bluedell says he sets his standards higher than Gilligan, but you didn't answer the question.

He also said his honesty isn't in question, but you are choosing to ignore that. I haven't answered the question? Would that be "Is he untrustworthy, abrasive, unsophisticated ... what? " No - question answered.

He also said his honesty isn't in question, but you are choosing to ignore that. I haven't answered the question? Would that be "Is he untrustworthy, abrasive, unsophisticated ... what? " No - question answered.

Thanks, I gained a lot of information about the guy from that answer. Very helpful.

Uncompromising isn't how I'd describe him.

He wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list of potential directors, I'm afraid.

John Gilligan was a former RST Board member and the regular Chair of the RST Dinners if I recall.

He was frequently touted as the way in to The Members but aside from setting up one abortive meeting with Park totally failed to deliver.