I'm still not sure if this is just an elaborate wind-up.

Anyone who thinks the soul of a football club is weighed by it's date of incorporation, the issuing of shares or its annual report clearly knows absolutely nothing about being a football supporter. Why did they build a statue to Brother Walfrid instead of the Chief Executive of BDO if corporate structure is so important to them?

Continuity is vital for supporters so it doesn't surprise me our enemies choose it as an area of attack, but it doesn't matter what they think, the truth is we are Rangers and as long as we remain we always will be. I've a feeling this is a riff I might return too next weekend.

Reading some rubbish of what the Yahoo-minded have already written regarding next week, you can expect a legion of Strathclyde's finest needed to seperate us from the Scum and vice versa. Football will so much secondary for the day ...

Edited by der Berliner

Christ man, you are living proof that an extremist fringe exists with your previous post!

Although in fairness, it's possible you're right & I'm wrong. I was sure last Friday would be a disaster for the actions against the board, and they haven't really been so, not yet anyway. But even allowing for my all too visible fallibility, going by post #24 you're certainly an extremist and you're definitely embarrassing the club, to the extent that such a thing is still possible.

The only embarrassment is your unspoken assumptions. Before I start my rant! Are those actions on Friday the driving influence in the club having dropped Ibrox from the security? for me most likely. That alone for me proves the point of those who shout the loudest and threaten the lowest form of retribution get an easier time of it.

Pointing out the truth of the matter does not embarrass the club in anyway. If religious songs based on past actions or being outspoken against a religion incites social unrest then why would the same people inciting the same unrest through other means draw different conclusions/actions? Same goes for why is it wrong/illegal for me to stand on a box in George square and call people of different sexual preferences to mine, evil and wrong(for example only. I am all for people being themselves) .Yet if i put on a caller and mire it in the word of God it's okay? Its not because God actually exists ,its because more people would step up and denounce action against me causing problems for those in control.

Through nearly all of documented history society and its rulers be it politicians, Governor's,presidents,police forces or armies have all been swayed and steered in policy and actions by the provocations of the noisiest group. If you truly believe there is one rule for all on equal matters then that is embarrassing.

Its pretty much the whole basis of politics and the building blocks of society. One group collects the numbers of another group under their umbrella by associating themselves with said groups objectives and aims even if they don't actually care for those aims/goals all to collect the numbers. Same goes with pissing off those who marshal numbers willing to debase themselves for a common cause.

If you honesty do not think policy within Scotland's police force is guided by those within society who's voices shout the loudest I am afraid you are past naive into the realm of having teddy bears for friends.Next it will be money does not dictate charges brought!

That being said could also easily argue the fringe part as being nonsense as well. If you meet people with those views you class as "extreme views" at work,school,pubs,clubs and within every day life on a regular basis and most people in the same proximity can say the same. Then I would ask when is a fringe not a fringe? When its numbers equal a majority.

Edited by trublusince1982

It's a waste of time and money. No rangers fan will be convinced by it. Any neutral will take the ruling bodys decision and anyone partisan to rangers will already be saying it.

It is indeed GS.

The only people squirming in their armchairs whilst reading it will be the mainstream Celtic supporters who regularly read the Sunday Herald anyway.

The only emotions it stirs in me are mirth and pity.

The only embarrassment is your unspoken assumptions...etc

Presumably auto correct has mangled a reference to 'collar and mitre' in your post. If only it had mangled the rest.

Essentially a long winded way of repeating your anti-Catholic based post of before. The only reply I have to it is that being called naive by someone clearly living in a parallel dimension is an interesting novelty. However, I imagine it is a novelty which will very quickly wear off.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for compulsory mass first thing in the morning.

I don't think many people will actually read the text of the advert in full due to both where they stand in the argument and the dull, boring, repetitive nature of the prose.

Rangers fans:.......Have heard it before, think it's shite.

Celtic fans & 'politised' neutrals:........... Have heard it before, don't need convincing.

'Unpolitised' neutrals:...........Not bothered and increasingly think Celtic fans have changed spots from paranoia to obsession.

Journalist/Pundit:.......... Reads two paragraphs and knows he has ammo to call Celtc fans obsessive in lead-up to 'Old-Firm' match.

Non football fan:........Turn the page

Parting with 3,000 pounds to be further labelled as obsessives isn't a wise spend.

Edited by buster.

It is indeed GS.

The only people squirming in their armchairs whilst reading it will be the mainstream Celtic supporters who regularly read the Sunday Herald anyway.

The only emotions it stirs in me are mirth and pity.

Mainstream Celtic supporters who read the Sunday herald? LOL

Most of the 'mainstream Celtic supporters' I've met would probably need to get somebody to read it to them.

The are a sad, dysfunctional,inadequate group within our society whose lives revolve around Rangers. It has been told to them countless times by the individuals and organisations whose opinions matter that Rangers are the same club. Their aim is to perpetuate the lie so often in the hope it will become a truth.They must not succeed and must be dealt with regards this article. Their club too if they have any input

Mainstream Celtic supporters who read the Sunday herald? LOL

Most of the 'mainstream Celtic supporters' I've met would probably need to get somebody to read it to them.

Unless you recognise your own fundamental mistakes you never learn from them.

Quite apart from the natural partisan reaction and view on another set of supporters, we have to acknowledge our own failings or what happens is, you remain susceptible to repeating your mistake.

Being able to read doesn't mean that you won't be fooled.

In fact, being able to read has proved to be a disadvantage for many.

Edited by buster.

Good for you RDB ...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/554252/Ronald-De-Boer-Hits-Out-At-Celtic-Fans-Mock-Rangers

Ronald De Boer hits out at Celtic fans who mocked Rangers

RONALD DE BOER last night hit out at Celtic fans for claiming Rangers are no longer the same club and told them: You’re the only ones who think that.

Published: 00:04, Mon, January 26, 2015

By Andrew Dickson

De Boer says it would be wrong to underestimate Rangers

A group of Hoops supporters took out a newspaper advert over the weekend at a cost of £3,000 to publish a statement saying the Light Blues are a new entity formed in 2012. It also stated a belief the phrase ‘Old Firm’ is now redundant ahead of Sunday’s League Cup semi-final between the two sides at Hampden Park.

While some Parkhead fans have distanced themselves from what was printed, those responsible for it are adamant the game will be a first-ever meeting of the teams.

De Boer, in Glasgow for Fernando Ricksen’s benefit game, rubbished the claims and has backed the club to rise again, nearly 143 years after their formation.

He said: “They are fans and I think only one per cent of people think that way. I think most people think differently and they will be looking forward to this game.

“I have always known that there is a giant out there in Rangers that is waiting to burst out. There will be good times again, for sure.”

De Boer was one of several ex-stars to dismiss the ad after a crowd of more than 41,000 saw an All Stars side beat a Gers Select 7-4.

No sensible newspaper would entertain this.

I would go a step further GS...

No sensible newspaper would clearly breach ASA regs.

http://www.asa.org.uk/About-ASA/About-regulation.aspx

What happens before an ad is published?

The Advertising Codes require that all claims must be substantiated before being published or aired.

Edited by D'Artagnan