[Breaking] EGM to be held at Ibrox

My point had to do with mendacity directly concerning the present executive management of Rangers.

Indirect whataboutery doesn't deflect or negate that point.

I did not suggest that it did (negate your point) merely the adjective can and has been applied to both sides.

Surely if they wouldn't want to hold in in the stadium with the shambolic tent like the AGM, they could always opt for one of the suites inside Ibrox and limit the number of attendees??

Even the largest suite is too small mate and clearly the board are doing everything they can to avoid holding it at Ibrox.

Even the largest suite is too small mate and clearly the board are doing everything they can to avoid holding it anywhere that the common supporter/shareholder can realistically attend.

Corrected that for you Zappa

I did not suggest that it did (negate your point) merely the adjective can and has been applied to both sides.

I think the context is important when making that comparison.

Rangers have been operating under the cloud of Mendacity for years and it is enriching individuals and related parties but killing our club.

I'll repeat a post I put up on the 9th when the first hotel cancelled ...

"Somebody ( the RFFF maybe ) should put a deposit down to book The Glagow Concert hall for Mar. 4. Just to help this lot out when all the other London hotels refuse their booking."

Note the bit I have put in bold.........

The management of a hotel booked by Rangers for their forthcoming EGM have cancelled the club's booking.

The Grange Tower Bridge Hotel was the second London venue picked by the Ibrox board to host the meeting on March 4, after the Millennium Gloucester pulled out of hosting.

Rangers announced to the Stock Exchange on Tuesday they had secured a new venue but Grange Hotels have now pulled out.

A Grange Hotels spokesman said, "There is no question when it comes to the comfort and security of our guests and staff.

"We do not compromise on this and therefore the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel has declined the opportunity to host the proposed Rangers FC EGM."

Any further delay to the naming of a venue could potentially lead to an adjournment of the meeting, which could put it back for "an indefinite period" according to the company's articles of association.

The EGM is seen as crucial to the future of Rangers, with three requistioners vying to be elected to the board in return for the four incumbents losing their posts.

Former Rangers oldco directors Dave King and Paul Murray are seeking election, along with former Tennent Caledonian Breweries managing director John Gilligan.

Shareholders are also being asked to vote for the removal from the board of chairman David Somers, chief executive Derek Llambias, finance director Barry Leach and non-executive director James Easdale.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/310678-rangers-london-egm-venue-considering-cancellation-of-clubs-booking/