Stuart McCall officially confirmed as new Rangers manager

Absolutely brilliant, another name to moan at and call a diddy for 6 weeks.:)

Thats what forums are for, aint it?! :D

Hope he celebrates our promotion like this...without the tumble of course :D

Dont have to watch that to know what it is...but im gonna! :)

So McDowell isnt the No. 2?

That can only be better news, there's no point in getting advice from a No. 2 that wasnt a very good No. 1, better to get Black in as well and have a completely fresh view of the situation.

Edited by Laudbertz

Its encouraging that they've moved so quickly and will be interesting to see how he does. Also what will his brief be I wonder? Try and get promotion at all costs or start the longer term rebuilding work and if promotion doesn't come this year its not the end of the world if he's making visible progress in terms of personnel and how we play?

I just hope McCall has the balls to make some of the decisions that appear to be needing made (like dropping McCulloch) that others haven't.

It's a really big ask of McCall and I'll give him credit for talking the job on. He's on a hiding to nothing.

I really don't expect to go up this season. Theirs too much wrong with the team and not enough time to fix it. If he can raise our game and make us actually look like a football team then I'll be happy. And I'll give him a crack at next season if he does.

Edited by gisabeer