Stuart McCall officially confirmed as new Rangers manager

I said yesterday I'd be surprised if McCall accepted a short term contract (without certain stipulations such as extension if we're promoted). That stands.

While I wouldn't be against his appointment until the end of the season, I don't want him for longer. On the face of it, McCall did a good job at Motherwell but many 'Well fans weren't completely convinced and some say he (and the lass Dempster) left the squad/club in a mess because of their short term outlook.

Just goes to show how difficult a decision this is.

With five straight defeats and taking them to second bottom in the league it's no wonder he has critics there. It wouldn't be difficult for him to be a huge improvement on what we're used to but I still think he is a completely unknown quantity for a club the size of ours. A lot of players and managers can look decent at non-old firm SPL teams only to be completely exposed at a bigger club. Lets hope McCall has improved a lot from how he performed in England.

Seems a bit strange if this is true that the club have not even announced his appointment yet he is taking training.

I like the sound of the players day off being cancelled though, so I can only hope that Devlin is capable of tweeting something accurate about Rangers occasionally and that this is one of those occasions.

Afternoon training, will that constitute overtime?

Underwhelming appointment for me. Anyone else feel that?

I am realistic in that I know we needed someone in the door yesterday and I have absolutely no doubt about McCalls desire and work ethic and I know he will want to succeed more than anything else, its a dream come true for him but his previous track record doesn't say to me he is the right man. I hope Im proved wrong and its good to have the wee man back at the club as he was a tremendous player.

But I had hoped there was a bit more imagination behind the scenes....like 'lets make a statement' that we are on our way back.

Jim Jefferies could probably win a few games with us, but he wouldn't be the answer. I really doubt the board would take on McCall for 8 weeks then dump him in the summer. Therefore underwhelming for me.

Edited by Gribz

stv saying they are working on a deal that he gets a three year contract if he gets us promoted. promotion alone should not be the measure but also his ability to completely overhaul the whole football operation. im all for this on a purely to the end of season gig but commitments beyond that should be done with great caution..