Stuart McCall officially confirmed as new Rangers manager

Underwhelming appointment for me. Anyone else feel that?

I am realistic in that I know we needed someone in the door yesterday and I have absolutely no doubt about McCalls desire and work ethic and I know he will want to succeed more than anything else, its a dream come true for him but his previous track record doesn't say to me he is the right man. I hope Im proved wrong and its good to have the wee man back at the club as he was a tremendous player.

But I had hoped there was a bit more imagination behind the scenes....like 'lets make a statement' that we are on our way back.

Jim Jefferies could probably win a few games with us, but he wouldn't be the answer. I really doubt the board would take on McCall for 8 weeks then dump him in the summer. Therefore underwhelming for me.

Not necessarily my first choice, but it's a pretty reasonable holding job and nobody's in any doubt about his passion for the club. If he's not a success, he won't clearly won't be kept on. But clearly something needed to be done pronto

stv saying they are working on a deal that he gets a three year contract if he gets us promoted.

I'm sure McCall will be pushing for the longer term option - he'd be stupid not too.

However, unless the Board see McCall as the way forward, it should remain as a short term option only, to be reviewed at the end of the season.

Really poor appointment IMHO , cant see this as a long term deal , infact would be hughly dissappoined if this is what we settle for

Let's see how he does before writing him off. We need a manager right now and can look again in the summer. If he's excelled, then he's in with a shout, if not then we can explore alternative.

We dont need a manager right now , we dont need to go up this season , we have approx 14 players out of contract and a club that needs rebuilt from the ground up , we needed breathing space and time to make the right decisions and get things right , not make the same mistakes as the past , but alas the holy grail of getting promotion before we are ready has taken hold , rank madness IMHO

Let's see how he does before writing him off. We need a manager right now and can look again in the summer. If he's excelled, then he's in with a shout, if not then we can explore alternative.

I digress we need to start seriously looking for the right manager who can change the whole culture and ethos of the football side now, McCall may well be a decent short term solution but we need to get away from that ilk for the Club to prosper longer term.

as long as they leave the decision to keep him on as a subjective decision based on all factors not just a Promotion = new deal. The very nature of the task in trying to coax this rabble over the line will require whatever means required and not so much building for the future. if he can achieve both in a short term then he could well be considered but that would be a hell of an ask..