Chris Graham Twitter problem

Indeed it is, and you're more than intelligent enough to put two and two together and get the right answer there.

I didn't need to add anything together to get the right answer, see post #456.

But in the main I wish the appointment hadn't happened in the first place, and for the avoidance of doubt I had nothing to do with how it all unravelled.

I too wish the appointment hadn't been made however my reasons are entirely different to your own.

Any problems I had I intended to go to the club directly with, not the BBC.

That could have been interesting given your hatred of our current Chairman seems to be the match of your hatred of Chris Graham.

So you were planning to try and get him removed? :hm:

It's sad that you have that much bad feeling against a fellow Gers fan who, from what I can see, has the club's best interests at heart.

Fellow Gers fan or not he wasn't a fan liaison man or a fan board member, he was a PLC member, one of the highest positions you can get at the club. If in some strange set of circumstances I got appointed to the Rangers PLC Gersnet would be in uproar despite me being a fellow fan. As a long time paying customer and even potential future investor in a share issue I'd surely have been entitled to express concerns about someone I thought was inappropriate, we've had plenty of inappropriate directors lately but complaining would have been rather pointless considering the lack of any sort of transparency or engagement, this new regime has promised to be different.

It's an academic discussion now but I mentioned it because there's a school of thought that some Rangers fans played a big part in the media going after Chris Graham, but despite me being as far away from his fan club as possible running to the media was never in my thoughts.

I didn't need to add anything together to get the right answer, see post #456.
Yes I know I was reaffirming it, I'm not going to feign sympathy although as I've said I'd rather it hadn't happened the way it did through a media circus.

I too wish the appointment hadn't been made however my reasons are entirely different to your own.
What are those reasons out of interest? My own are that the appointment was inappropriate and divisive, not simply to do with my own couple of personal grievances, the problem is those grievances seem to have been replicated multiple times elsewhere so we weren't dealing with isolated incidents. I'd have had no issues with Chris standing for the fans board and getting democratically elected but being appointed to the PLC without the wider support even getting a say on it wasn't right in my opinion.

That could have been interesting given your hatred of our current Chairman seems to be the match of your hatred of Chris Graham.

Paul Murray got voted in by shareholders and while sceptical of his CV and suitability for the role is clearly far more qualified than Chris Graham. He's been chairman for five minutes so while i'll be scrutinising heavily i'll also be giving him a fair shot before getting the pitch fork out. Therefore as our chairman and part of a regime who has promised much more transparency than we've been used to I will attempt to go to him with constructive questions and complaints whenever I feel the need to. Providing an email address for himself and an update on whether they will be continuing with the fans board or not would be a good start.

Fellow Gers fan or not he wasn't a fan liaison man or a fan board member, he was a PLC member, one of the highest positions you can get at the club. If in some strange set of circumstances I got appointed to the Rangers PLC Gersnet would be in uproar despite me being a fellow fan. As a long time paying customer and even potential future investor in a share issue I'd surely have been entitled to express concerns about someone I thought was inappropriate, we've had plenty of inappropriate directors lately but complaining would have been rather pointless considering the lack of any sort of transparency or engagement, this new regime has promised to be different.

It's an academic discussion now but I mentioned it because there's a school of thought that some Rangers fans played a big part in the media going after Chris Graham, but despite me being as far away from his fan club as possible running to the media was never in my thoughts.

A lot of words but not one about why he would be inappropriate for the position - and the twitter debacle isn't why you feel that as you felt he was inappropriate prior to the re-tweet becoming a topical subject.

The Twitter debate/debacle is bullshit too. PC gone mad. ONE solitary post was taken and used against Chris but all the other tweets he made that day in support of muslims are conveniently ignored. And yet we compliantly walk along with the mhedia who are out to vilify us at every turn.

The media, I suspect, saw how Chris Graham ripped Speirs a new arsehole and got concerned that they may have met their match. I am surmising but don't be surprised if it played a part in the attempt to remove Chris for what was a complete nothing re-tweet. Satirical and yet taken as a serious post. Ridiculous.

Any chance this idiot will face the same condemnation?

72yp79.jpg

That is a shame Shirley Anne, for the future of the game. I hope, unlike your hubby, that you lay the marker for being unable to take your child to a future game at the feet of the teams responsible.

Do I really need to point out to you and your hubby that this had f**k all to do with Rangers FC? (I don't use twitter, maybe one of you who does could pass this little comment along. Thx.)

Any chance this idiot will face the same condemnation?

72yp79.jpg

Absolute scandalous accusation to make.....i am not to sure legally whether he gets away with it on the choice of "i assume" .....certainly merits an official complaint from the club.

I hope the new incumbents in the boardroom receive the necessary breathing space from all of the fan base. Criticism and scrutiny is only right as long as it is fair and constructive.

A lot of words but not one about why he would be inappropriate for the position - and the twitter debacle isn't why you feel that as you felt he was inappropriate prior to the re-tweet becoming a topical subject.

I have been through it before Craig, and I've said previously that the tweet in question was far from being my main reason, I'm very anti-PC as it happens.