Chris Graham Twitter problem

We will now obviously see the club take a stern look at this comment by the Scotsman's editor as well, like stopping them from entering Ibrox up until they either have evidence for that statement or an apology to us.

6rzittxy.jpg

The club's lawyers or the RST lawyers should nail this fooker for this blatant lie and smear tactic. An open goal and an easy win in the propaganda war for the club mo.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I've said before that tweeting these days, especially if you have loads of followers and a prominent profile, is not much different from an old fashioned press release or statement. You have to be very careful.

While I can't personally see much wrong with CG's retweet as Joe Public, he handed his detractors and our enemies, a stick to beat him with. You've always had to be pretty squeaky clean if you want to be a public figure (or keep it all well hidden), and it's far too easy to find dirt from the likes of Twitter which can blow up even if it's pretty defensible.

I think there are so many people who don't quite get the implications of social media yet - especially when you take the anonymity out of it.

When I said I thought he was done once all this broke some took that as me celebrating but I was stating what I thought the case would be, you simply don't survive in high profile roles with incidents like this.

Edited by simplythebest

We will now obviously see the club take a stern look at this comment by the Scotsman's editor as well, like stopping them from entering Ibrox up until they either have evidence for that statement or an apology to us.

6rzittxy.jpg

An early opportunity for the new board to show they won't tolerate this sort of thing. They MUST act

They weren't going to issue a statement saying that they had decided to remove someone they had appointed 24 hours before now were they?

So you are guessing is what you are saying ? It still doesn't manifest from one to the other, like you suggested when you stated that shorerdbear agreed with you - he clearly didn't.

Edited by craig

It seems to me that if CG had to resign for his tweet, KF should be in for a sacking. Outrageously offensive and probably libellous tweet.

How many Rangers fans would actually pay for a ticket and dress up as a Dundee Utd fan, just to stir it up? I think they don't quite get who the mad, obsessive ones are...

Edited by calscot

It seems to me that if CG had to resign for his tweet, KF should be in for a sacking. Outrageously offensive and probably libellous tweet.

How many Rangers fans would actually pay for a ticket and dress up as a Dundee Utd fan, just to stir it up? I think they don't quite get who the mad, obsessive ones are...

What is this last part all about ? I was travelling this past week,....

I don't know Chris Graham, but I think he has always spoken well and he's stood up for our fans in the past

His tweet was incredibly stupid he might not have done it as a representative of the Rangers board but he was a spokesman for the RST at the time and that made his position untenable in my opinion.

If we are going to hold other clubs fans, players and board members to standards then we have to hold ourselves to the same standards. I personally would like to see the club do more to defend our fans and not let people like Stan Collymore or Kenny Farquharson get away with bile they spout about our support.

When I said I thought he was done once all this broke some took that as me celebrating but I was stating what I thought the case would be, you simply don't survive in high profile roles with incidents like this.

Oh I imagine you were reveling in schadenfreude right enough.