He was the only other striker on the bench if I remember right.

I don't understand this but I can say I wouldn't replace vuckic with boyd if that's what your somehow getting from what I say.

I would drop him for the away hibs game and at best play him as the second striker at home. Though only if the home leg had been second.

We must and I do mean must match them in midfield and that absolutely will not happen if he plays in there.

Fail to match them for work in there and only a miracle will get us through. A one in ten or more chance.

Right Gunslinger - it's time to give the guy some credit. He was our best defender by a mile in the last 15 mins.

GS - I re-opened this thread today with the above comment in a light hearted fashion. I didn't realise it would open a can of worms. I wasn't saying he was man of the match or better than anyone else. I was just appreciative of the fact that he played his part in defence (in a big way) to keep us in the play offs. The highlight for me wasn't his goal line clearance although he was the only one with enough savvy to defend the post.

I'm sure I saw in an old post that you played goalkeeper (although I could be wrong). One of the worst crosses for keeper to read is the low cross into the 'no mans land' across the 6 yard box. Bell was flapping badly for that cross towards the end which Vuckic managed to volley behind. You might not think he contributed but his keeper and defender were very thankful for his contribution.

Its clear you don't like him which is fine, but when you fail to give him ANY credit at all it defeats your argument a bit.

He did well in that one inciden. I was already fuming at him by then.

In reality someone else would have been on the post at that set piece and would have likely cleared it but who knows.

I maintain we must win the midfield battle very hibs in both games and I can not see how that's possible with him playing. Probably not even up front. Probably not in a 5 man midfield and definitely not in a 4.

Edited by the gunslinger

He did well in that one inciden. I was already fuming at him by then.

In reality someone else would have been on the post at that set piece and would have likely cleared it but who knows.

I maintain we must win the midfield battle very hibs in both games and I can not see how that's possible with him playing. Probably not even up front. Probably not in a 5 man midfield and definitely not in a 4.

We lost a goal in the first leg because nobody covered the post. To be honest on today's performance I would drop clark he was far worse than Vuckic in my opinion.

We lost a goal in the first leg because nobody covered the post. To be honest on today's performance I would drop clark he was far worse than Vuckic in my opinion.

Your comparing apples and oranges though. Different positions. I would have no issue with dropping Clark.

I mean what I say about him in our midfield v hibs.

It's not that I think he played terrible throughout. Far from it. I just think his work when we didn't have the ball was unacceptable for long long periods.

We really factually statistically have won very few games he has started and he missed the one we won v hibs.

I dearly hope to be proven wrong.

Edited by the gunslinger

Your comparing apples and oranges though. Different positions. I would have no issue with dropping Clark.

I mean what I say about him in our midfield v hibs.

It's not that I think he played terrible throughout. Far from it. I just think his work when we didn't have the ball was unacceptable for long long periods.

We really factually statistically have won very few games he has started and he missed the one we won very hibs.

I dearly hope to be proven wrong.

You can read statistics to mean anything and you can't blame him for every defeat that is just stupid.

You can read statistics to mean anything and you can't blame him for every defeat that is just stupid.

that's not what I said either.

We won v hibs due to out fighting them in midfield. That wouldn't have happened if he was in there and who knows what the result would have been.

The statistics suggest not a win.

You can say that's not true if you like but we all saw the game v hibs and we know the statistics.

Kidding ourselves won't do anyone any good.

Would you play him in midfield v hibs?

Edited by the gunslinger

that's not what I said either.

We won v hibs due to out fighting them in midfield. That wouldn't have happened if he was in there and who knows what the result would have been.

The statistics suggest not a win.

You can say that's not true if you like but we all saw the game v hibs and we know the statistics.

Kidding ourselves won't do anyone any good.

Would you play him in midfield v hibs?

He is capable of that bit of magic that can unlock a defence.

He is by far the most naturally talented footballer we have.

He is capable of that bit of magic that can unlock a defence.

He is by far the most naturally talented footballer we have.

No argument but by a long way the laziest.

I just can't write that side off when our results are what they are.

In any other season if we had gone out and bought a striker in January and got the goals return we have from him we would be Fucking delighted. I think gs has issues because of the circumstances surrounding the loaneé's and the discomfit it seemed to cause his mates mate the abysmal mcdowell. This one is personal and nowt to do with vuckic ability or performance