Rangers delist from AIM

I see this a a real opportunity for the various supporters shareholder groups, like Rangers First and the RST. To further cement their place with the running of the club.

I don't know if it's at all possible, by this delisting from AIM market,. Could it be a possibility the supporters shareholding groups, not now convert their joint shareholding purchasing schemes, to some other direct investment Scheme?

I don't know what the collective monthly investment is from all the shareholding groups? But say it's in the region of £250k a month, could that joint collective sum not be used to say, purchase assets on behalf of the support? Or could the shareholder groups give their monthly cash input as soft loans till the club is on firmer ground.

Just thinking out loud and always looking for an angle on behalf of the club and support.

This thread is already a thirteen-pager but I haven't sensed any panic from forum members about the imminent de-listing.

We haven't seen a frenzied statement from any of the institutional investors, any of the fan groups investing, or indeed from any individual with a substantial investment.

The good news from the company statement that trading will still take place - "Shareholders who wish to buy or sell ordinary shares in the Company through JP Jenkins must do so via a stockbroker." - seems to have calmed any fears.

We knew for a while that Shackleton of WHIreland was not up to task, so their loss will seriously not be missed.

In fact I think that the calm reaction to this company statement from all of the major shareholders involved could possibly be looked upon as a reassuring occurence.

One almost gets the feeling that Rangers' world is unfolding as it should and that no one who is intimately involved in that unfolding, e.g. King, T3B, etc. are at all surprised by these events, or even dissatisfied by them.

As much as the mhedia wish to make this into another crisis, I do believe that calmness is better embraced than freneticism - until that is, the SFA conduct their FPP test on King and Murray.

Rangers First Statement

Rangers First shares the Rangers Board’s disappointment that shares in RIFC PLC will no longer be listed on the AIM market and we appreciate that whether or not an AIM listing was maintained was never in the new directors’ gift. As the Club’s earlier statement highlighted, the delisting is simply the result of well documented failings in corporate governance and management of those who previously controlled the Company.

In addition, we note positively that an alternative listing is being sought and that an immediate solution has already been put in place from Tuesday that will allow buying and selling of RIFC PLC shares.

All members of Rangers First are asked to note the following.

Whether RIFC shares are listed on the AIM or any alternate public market, listing or delisting has no material impact on http://www.rangersfirst.org'>http://www.rangersfirst.org and the shares we already own. (RF is presently the 10th largest shareholder)

Rangers First will still be able to buy further shares and in particular when a new share issue is made we will seek to take up our pro rata rights and indeed as many excess shares as we can afford in order to increase our shareholding to our first target of 5%.

Rangers First welcome the fact that limited share trading will be possible from Tuesday 7th April when the markets open after the Easter break and we will explore whatever opportunities there may be to further increase our shareholding in RIFC at that time.

We hope that the RIFC board will be successful in achieving an ISDX listing (or indeed another alternative) to secure a public listing for RIFC plc shares as soon as possible.

Rangers First still fundamentally believe that obtaining as large a shareholding in the PLC as possible for Rangers First and controlled by our members provides the best stable platform going forward for the club we all love.

So as we continue to grow our shareholding we ask that you continue to get your friends and fellow Bears to join with you as a member of the UK’s largest Fan group at http://www.rangersfirst.org

- See more at: http://www.rangersfirst.org/rangers-first-statement/#sthash.HzBBLRbo.dpuf

"If" that's the issue? So you're suggesting that the statement might be untrue? Suggesting that someone's a liar just to make your point is not impressive and just comes across as being very bitter.

One would expect a prospective Nomad to do a detailed review and not just rely on newspaper reports and football forums.

I would suggest that statements form this Board should be subjected to the same scrutiny as statements from the last Board.

There is no way that KingCo would put out a statement that in any way accepted any part of the blame for their inability to back up his claim to have a NOMAD in place and that the shares would not be de-listed.

I'm sorry but I can't say any more on here.

I would suggest that statements form this Board should be subjected to the same scrutiny as statements from the last Board.

There is no way that KingCo would put out a statement that in any way accepted any part of the blame for their inability to back up his claim to have a NOMAD in place and that the shares would not be de-listed.

I'm sorry but I can't say any more on here.

so your saying they are lying? I hope you can back that up with some proof.

why can't you say any more?

Edited by Little General

so your saying they are lying? I hope you can back that up with some proof.

why can't you say any more?

I'm saying that there is more to this than is included in the statement.

I am quite sure they have been very careful not to tell any lies.