Absolutely essential we get the right manager in for next season

There's every chance that it will be Stuart McCall, but if it's not, it's up to the club to identify a good candidate.

Who in the Celtic support thought that Deila would be the man to manage Celtic?

It's our job to demand a good manager, and it's the club's responsibility to find him.

Edited by Hildy

McCall is making the same mistakes McCoist did i.e.

- continuing to play McCulloch at CB

- continuing to play the ineffective Kenny Miller

- continuing to play just anout anyone at RB except someone who is a RB

- continuing to be unable to get more out of the strikers

He seems afraid of taking bold decisions to try & changes things which does not augur well for him staying on next season

What else can he do?

It's pretty short notice for McCall to suddenly make us better, he's taken on a responsibility no other Rangers manager has had to do.

In days gone by a new Rangers manager has had the luxury of signing players immediately on appointment, not nowadays. the players he inherited he has improved to an extent, maybe not turned them into world class but he has improved them.

It's rather unfair to judge McCall's quality as manager where he has had to work with the same dross left by the previous manager. If Alex Ferguson had come in he'd have had the same grief with our squad of players, particularly the more experienced ones, just like McCall is finding.

What the hell can McCall do more?

No doubt this forum will be filled in the coming months with distaste towards McCall as manager whether it be in the top league or this one.

I believe Stuart McCall will still be in place as our manager regardless of whether it's here or up in the Premiership, talk of others to replace him is a dead end business, support the man, give him the time to prove himself under more favourable and correct circumstances, our board of directors have that faith, let's respect their decision for once.

Who in the Celtic support thought that Della would be the man to manage Celtic?

Our challenge is far different from theirs, who's to say if their selection for manager is better than our selection.

I'd prefer to wait until a level playing field to find out. This must happen next year, nothing else.

What else can he do?

It's pretty short notice for McCall to suddenly make us better, he's taken on a responsibility no other Rangers manager has had to do.

In days gone by a new Rangers manager has had the luxury of signing players immediately on appointment, not nowadays. the players he inherited he has improved to an extent, maybe not turned them into world class but he has improved them.

It's rather unfair to judge McCall's quality as manager where he has had to work with the same dross left by the previous manager. If Alex Ferguson had come in he'd have had the same grief with our squad of players, particularly the more experienced ones, just like McCall is finding.

What the hell can McCall do more?

In the short term can I suggest McCall stops playing McCulloch at CB and stops playing the ineffective Kenny Miller up front

''Absolutely essential we get the right manager in for next season".....................WHO?

How are we to know who would want to apply or who we could attain? That's the board's job. I'm sure we could attract someone a hell of a lot better than the ex-Motherwell manager who left his side battling relegation.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

No doubt this forum will be filled in the coming months with distaste towards McCall as manager whether it be in the top league or this one.

I believe Stuart McCall will still be in place as our manager regardless of whether it's here or up in the Premiership, talk of others to replace him is a dead end business, support the man, give him the time to prove himself under more favourable and correct circumstances, our board of directors have that faith, let's respect their decision for once.

Sorry but after years of putting up with incompetent management and awful football we just cannot make the same mistake again. We need a radical new approach and we are just making the same old mistakes. Club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.

We need someone different. But then the issue is: will someone 'different' get the time?

We have to take some of the blame for not allowing a probationary period (is that the right word?). We have not had many moments where we can say ' we should have given that guy more time, he was on to something', but there have been hints, but we've been unremitting in our short-term judgement. I understand we demand to win every game, but perhaps it's time to let someone different have a period of 'failure' (maybe not as bad as that) to allow the team to push through into a new era. Van Gaal was awful at the beginning of the season, but now they look like they are finally building something special.

I keep coming back to Cathro; he's the type i'd like to see.