Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

When Aird came into the first team in SFL3 I thought he looked a decent prospect but he's totally gone backwards and should be nowhere near the first team now. He now needs to go out on loan somewhere to get gametime.

He should be released. If you're that poor at 20 you're a lost cause.

He should be released. If you're that poor at 20 you're a lost cause.

Bobby Russel didn't come out of junior football until he was 22 I believe. Some players develop late and it is also possible that Aird was just pushed too much at a young age.

I've never been that impressed with him tbh,I thought he was a good prospect when he played with us before he signed for Liverpool,not saying he won't improve but I don't get all the excitement about him!

Bobby Russel didn't come out of junior football until he was 22 I believe. Some players develop late and it is also possible that Aird was just pushed too much at a young age.

And then there was one Dado Prso too ...

Born in Zadar, Pršo started training with the local clubs NK Bagat and NK Zadar before moving to HNK Hajduk Split, aged 12. He went through the ranks of Hajduk until, in 1991, a medical check allegedly revealed that he had an irregular heartbeat, prompting the team to release him, thinking he was therefore unfit for professional football. Pršo showed no traces of such a defect ever since though. When the Croatian league was formed he joined NK Pazinka, playing his only season at the top level of Croatian football at 18 years of age. In 1993 he moved to France to play for FC Rouen, and then moved to Saint Raphaël in 1995, where he worked as a car mechanic while he continued playing football.

Monaco

In 1996, then-AS Monaco manager Jean Tigana noticed Pršo and bought the striker, although he would spend that season in the reserve side (alongside David Trezeguet), he was sent on loan to AC Ajaccio. In 1999-2000, he helped AS Monaco win the national championship. Pršo also helped them to the UEFA Champions League final in 2004. He is perhaps best remembered for his four goals in the 8-3 win over Deportivo La Coruña (a game which was played on his birthday), which was the highest scoring Champions League scoreline. That night, he also equaled the competition record, joining Marco van Basten and Simone Inzaghi as the competition's top scorer in a single match; this has since been surpassed by Lionel Messi and Luiz Adriano.

Rangers

In May 2004, Pršo signed for Scottish side Rangers on a free transfer. ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dado_Pr%C5%A1o

Wilson was one of the 3 or 4 players who elevated their game next to Mentor Weir and as such got a move to Liverpool. I guess being coached by him would be the next best thing. If he was along side McGregor next season with Weir coaching then it sits better than the pairing of McCulloch and Mohsni does it!

Edited by Gribz

A Brentford Bear just posted this over on FF ...

Correct info on Warburton

I gave you Warburton was Getting the job in February.

I'll give you Clayton Donaldson as one of his first signings !!!

Clayton-Donaldson-celebrates-his-hat-trick-against-Wigan-Athletic.jpg

Been on loan at Brentford from Birmingham, 48 games, 16 goals, 4 assists; 31 years, valued at Euro 350k

http://www.transfermarkt.de/clayton-donaldson/profil/spieler/52721

BTW, we do need at least one experienced striker and if he's fit and powerfull, I don't mind that e.g. this chap is 31. Nor do I expect that Warburton's whole team will be full of youngsters. Might be quite a few loanees in there, actually.