Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

RM had to worry about a manager same as us, they didn't mess about. The most successful club team in football us, are to await the whim of some person who will make a decision on which division we inhabit. I am of an opinion that it is the Rangers Board who should be making the decision not some interviewed party, there again I see the managers position at Ibrox as an honour of the highest magnitude, not a bargaining chip for some interviewee.

Advertising the job would have saved a lot of unwarranted speculation and introduced people who wanted the job above any bargaining stance.

You say we are the most successful club team in football in one breath and then suggest we would need to advertise the job in the next. Surely if we were so successful we wouldn't need to advertise the position ? In fact, if we needed to advertise the position then we wouldn't want anyone who didn't already know we were in the market for a new manager - anyone who knows football knows we only had an interim manager. It is a red herring the suggestion we needed to advertise IMHO.

Aye, you are probably right. Maybe we should have approached Benitez too and offered him 8 million quid a year (or whatever insane amount he is on at Madrid) and we would have recruited our man already :rolleyes: - quite clearly the manager pool, both in terms of talent and financial feasibility, are world's apart between us and Madrid. They can pretty much hire whomever they wish to hire as they a) have the cash and b) have the pull c) have money to spend on players d) have Champions League football e) will be challenging for top honours every year. We, on the other hand, don't have a great deal of cash to spend, wont be in Europe at all, wont be challenging for top honours, wont even be in the country's top division.

I will say it again, trying to compare the process and timing of hiring the new Madrid manager and hiring the new Rangers manager is like comparing apples to oranges.

Where did anyone suggest that the interviewed party would be making the decision ? What if the Board were looking to hire Mourinho for the role and he said "lets wait and see which league you will be playing in before either of us commit to anything" - would you still be demanding the decision be made yesterday and possibly get your 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice of manager ? I would doubt it.

Whilst you see the managers position at Ibrox as an honour (as do ALL of us, not just you) that doesn't mean that everyone else in the football world does - our stock has fallen tremendously in the last couple of years, whether we like it or not.

Seems that it is a case of damned if they do, damned if they don't for this Board in your eyes.

I didn't suggest anything, I stated the job should have been advertised and I stand by that.

No need when anyone who knows football knows the position is open.

I didn't suggest anything, I stated the job should have been advertised and I stand by that.

I agree with you. Rangers should see who is really interested enough to apply. They can also invite people to apply as well though. The bad part is an application process will take weeks and we don't really have that time.

EXCLUSIVE: Huddersfield plan £400k bid for Rangers' Nicky Law

HUDDERSFIELD Town are considering a £400,000 bid for Rangers midfielder Nicky Law.

By Scott Burns

The English Championship side are keen on the Ibrox playmaker, who has now entered the final year of his contract.

Terriers boss Chris Powell is aware that Law could be available with all the uncertainty over the manager’s position Ibrox.

His chances could also be enhanced if current caretaker boss Stuart McCall, who Law also worked with at Motherwell, is overlooked for the Ibrox job.

McCall has been told he is in the frame but Mark Warburton has also been interviewed and remains the bookies’ favourite.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/582318/Huddersfield-400k-Bid-Rangers-Nicky-Law

Gers’ Allan bid doomed

By ROBERT MARTIN

HIBS have told Rangers to FORGET about trying to land Scott Allan this summer.

SunSport revealed last week the midfielder is the Ibrox club’s top close-season transfer target — no matter who goes on to be named Ibrox boss.

But Easter Road director of football George Craig insists there is no way they’ll let the £500,000-rated Championship Player of the Year leave.

He said: “We want to retain our best players. Our priority has to be getting promoted out of the Championship, so you do not need me to tell you Scott Allan is going to be a major part of that.

“So we absolutely expect him to stay.”

Craig though admits the fact that Rangers will remain a Championship club next season will once again make it harder for Hibs to go up.

He said: “Of course it does. Traditionally Rangers play a bit further up the pyramid than Hibs.

“We are in the Championship — and our priority has to be to get out of it.”

Hibs have already added to their squad for next season, with James Keatings and Dan Carmichael joining from Hearts and Queen of the South.

Fraser Fyvie agreed a two-year deal earlier this week after his short-team contract expired.

And Lewis Stevenson yesterday signed an extension to his contract which will also keep him at the club until 2017.

Stevenson, 27, the club’s longest-serving player, said: “I’m delighted. I always wanted to stay. Hopefully now I can help the club to get promoted.

“When I made my debut for Hibs, I never thought I’d still be playing for the club 10 years later. It’s an achievement and hopefully I’ll be here for many more years.”

Talks remain ongoing with others and Hibs are hopeful of keeping Mark Oxley and Liam Fontaine.

Craig added: “The priority is to get the nucleus of the existing squad signed up. We are working hard on that but at the same time bringing in some new faces like the lads you have seen.”

Source to come. No surprise here, but if we bid and he hands in a transfer request ... though I assume neither is likely. We'll probably wait till January or the like, if we still want him.

Smart move from Hibs signing Carmichael who was a real stand out in our games against QotS this season. That move by Hibs weakens one of their opponents for next season and strengthens their own squad.

Smart move from Hibs signing Carmichael who was a real stand out in our games against QotS this season. That move by Hibs weakens one of their opponents for next season and strengthens their own squad.

As we stand still........