Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

A manager needs to be appointed first before anything can be done. Who decides who stays, who goes & who gets signed?

Anyone whose contract is running out should be let go. You don't need a manager for that.

Obviously getting a manager needs to be done because otherwise you have a Board purchasing players without consulting the person who would be charged to work with them daily. We all know that though, so I don't see the point in rehashing that point.

The Board couldn't make an announcement on the manager whilst we were still in the play-offs but one must hope they have been having discussions regardless of play-off picture. Everything is much clearer this morning so they should now be getting on with the hard work of convincing someone to come to a 2nd tier club.

GARY Locke hopes to persuade the out-of-contract Rangers striker to sign up for a third stint at Killie by making him the highest paid player on their books.

KILMARNOCK have offered Kris Boyd a route back to the Premiership by making their former hitman their top summer signing target.

Rugby Park boss Gary Locke has contacted the out-of-contract Rangers striker and hopes to persuade him to sign up for a third stint at Killie by making him the highest paid player on their books.

Boyd, who won’t be offered a new deal at Ibrox after suffering a wretched season on his return to the club, will consider his options in a few days after dealing with the disappointment of Rangers’ failure to win promotion.

But Locke insisted Boyd can still score goals at the highest level.

The 31-year-old bagged 21 for Killie the season before last and the Rugby Park gaffer refuses to believe the hitman has lost the knack of converting chances.

He said: “I’ve had a couple of conversations with Kris and I hope to speak to him again.

“He has enjoyed his two previous spells at Kilmarnock and he’d play on a regular basis and get goals for us.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-make-kris-boyd-top-5805811

That's two QotS players, and possibly more on the move. I wish we were in a position to refuse such players, but it's most important we get a new manager first. Saying that, just because they performed well against us doesn't mean they are worthy of the blue jersey.

I'm getting frustrated at the fan 'unrest' (perhaps too strong a word) over a lack of movement. It's only been three days! What do people expect? Give it time.

That's two QotS players, and possibly more on the move. I wish we were in a position to refuse such players, but it's most important we get a new manager first. Saying that, just because they performed well against us doesn't mean they are worthy of the blue jersey.

I'm getting frustrated at the fan 'unrest' (perhaps too strong a word) over a lack of movement. It's only been three days! What do people expect? Give it time.

People expect after 3 months a pro-active board to be running the club, after all there is said to be no lack of funds to facilitate such actions by the board.

People expect after 3 months a pro-active board to be running the club, after all there is said to be no lack of funds to facilitate such actions by the board.

So you want the Board to pick the team?