Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

Fraser Aird (born 02.02.1995 ) – contract until 2018

I don't mean to dampen today's good vibes, but that is scandalous. Whoever gave that lad a contract till 2018 needs their baws toed.

You make a very good point.

However against US, yes US ,he looked none to impressive.

He was a bit shaky in a couple of the games against us, but he also displayed some excellent defending against us too.

I don't mean to dampen today's good vibes, but that is scandalous. Whoever gave that lad a contract till 2018 needs their baws toed.

Maybe so. He shot to "fame" in his early days and was going to attract some more interest if - as was porbably expected - he was a regular feature during our rise. So giving him that long a deal was meant to make sure any incoming bid was not derisory. That it turned out differently on so many levels was not exactly forseeable.

Maybe so. He shot to "fame" in his early days and was going to attract some more interest if - as was porbably expected - he was a regular feature during our rise. So giving him that long a deal was meant to make sure any incoming bid was not derisory. That it turned out differently on so many levels was not exactly forseeable.

I'm not quite sure what Ally saw in the lad. He looked half decent against poor quality left backs in the lowest tiers of Scottish football, but up against better quality players he normally looked decidedly mediocre other than maybe a handful of good games.

I'm not quite sure what Ally saw in the lad. He looked half decent against poor quality left backs in the lowest tiers of Scottish football, but up against better quality players he normally looked decidedly mediocre other than maybe a handful of good games.

I do not disagree. Methinks after people deserting us in droves, we nailed some of the "better" youngsters down on longer contracts.

Always though that Barrie McKay was a better player, hope W&W sort out his attitude.

BTW, I would assume that W&W have their very own list of players at the ready and I would not be surprised if most of them are well below our Gersnet radar.

Edited by der Berliner

When Aird came into the first team in SFL3 I thought he looked a decent prospect but he's totally gone backwards and should be nowhere near the first team now. He now needs to go out on loan somewhere to get gametime.