Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

So you want the Board to pick the team?

No I want them to have picked a manager who can pick the team, although that goes against what King said about employing a coach and not a manager.

They aren't after over 3 months making a very good job of it, perhaps we should get rid of the two managers we have and that might increase efforts on our behalf.

The problem in modern day society is that unless people get instant updates via *take your pick* they assume that the world has stopped. Like calling the police if someone hasn't been on whatsapp for 3 hours.

Rest assured that all parties concerned will have done their homework and are working on it. But what you plan in advance need to bear fruits in the here and now, potential candidates got better offers, want more info and whatnot. We want to know everything by yesterday. But real life does not work like that and maybe we just step back and wait a little longer. For - at the end of the day - no amount of discontent on here will speed up any decision by the board.

Edited by der Berliner

One thing that we also seem to be forgetting is that until we knew what division we would be playing in we didn't know what person we would be most likely to get.

Sure, you may get someone like Warburton to come to us in the Championship as he knows very well the potential we have to be a Champions League team again (if run the right way obviously) - but someone like Pereira may think "Why would I go to Scotland to a 2nd division team when I have won the league with Porto & Olympiacos" - the sad reality is that until we had determined which league we would be playing in we couldn't solidify any plans for the manager - but one has to think there would be a Plan A, B AND C.

Given the season only just ended on Sunday and today is Wednesday - it would appear that the Board have indeed been sounding out potential candidates for the role prior to the season's end. Now that the season has ended I would fully expect that we will see a decision on this critical hire by the end of next week.

It is a position that needs to be thoroughly thought through as our footballing department, on the senior side, is a shambles. Getting the right person in is CRITICAL to us - so taking some additional time to ensure the right person is hired is fine by me. I would rather take slightly too long on the right hire than to rush through a decision which turns out to be a disaster.

Edited by craig

The problem in modern day society is that unless people get instant updates via *take your pick* they assume that the world has stopped. Like calling the police if someone hasn't been on whatsapp for 3 hours.

Rest assured that all parties concerned will have done their homework and are working on it. But what you plan in advance need to bear fruits in the here and now, potential candidates got better offers, want more info and whatnot. We want to know everything by yesterday. But real life does not work like that and maybe we just step back and wait a little longer. For - at the end of the day - no amount of discontent on here will speed up any decision by the board.

Real Madrid seem to cope with modern day society even to the extent of appointing a manager quickly, at this rate the pre-season will be upon us and we will still be looking.

Edited to add. The longer SM remains insitu the more I am convinced he will be our ongoing manager/coach.

Edited by raygun

Real Madrid seem to cope with modern day society even to the extent of appointing a manager quickly, at this rate the pre-season will be upon us and we will still be looking.

Aye, because Madrid had to worry about which division they would be playing in... and they have the same headaches as us in hiring a manager because we have world-class managers banging down our door for the job - so we simply pick the best one available like Madrid.

Not the best comparison I would suggest.

Aye, because Madrid had to worry about which division they would be playing in... and they have the same headaches as us in hiring a manager because we have world-class managers banging down our door for the job - so we simply pick the best one available like Madrid.

Not the best comparison I would suggest.

RM had to worry about a manager same as us, they didn't mess about. The most successful club team in football us, are to await the whim of some person who will make a decision on which division we inhabit. I am of an opinion that it is the Rangers Board who should be making the decision not some interviewed party, there again I see the managers position at Ibrox as an honour of the highest magnitude, not a bargaining chip for some interviewee.

Advertising the job would have saved a lot of unwarranted speculation and introduced people who wanted the job above any bargaining stance.

Edited to add. The longer SM remains insitu the more I am convinced he will be our ongoing manager/coach.

McCall and all the OOC players have contracts till the end of June, unless I am mistaken. Regarding Real, craig has said what needed to be said. Up until Sunday we did not even know where we will be playing. Getting a manager is not like log unto amazon and clicking buy at your leisure and when you deem fit. But I asume you know that, don't you?

Edited by der Berliner