New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

You're putting an awful lot of faith in this guy. First question is how much does he cost? Why? I don't care who you bring in, you are going to need a squad of players with a bit of quality.

Where is the money better spent?

You can spend LARGE amounts of money on quality players and they still look like shit. Just ask Liverpool fans about whether they would have preferred Mourinho to Rodgers.

The manager is the one that brings the best, or the worst, out in players. You don't need to blow your budget on either - but you need a quality manager to even get decent players to sign, let alone get them to play the game they way it is supposed to be played.

Listening to Warburton's ex-keeper it sounds like he likes the ball on the deck and playing triangles with lots of movement. That will do me for starters.

Still rather have people in there with tried and tested European experience. It is a long term appointment after all. Arthur Numan in a partnership with Ronald De Boer for example would please me far more than Warburton.

I wouldn't mind that duo at all. But I would still be happy enough with Warburton - he would be a change in direction in the way we play, in a positive sense - which is a fairly good start.

Let's hope Walter has little or no input into advising on a new manager !!!

Ally McCoist the sequel!!!!

Super Ally returns to revenge his doubters,

Now in a football stadium near you!:D

king said yesterday that 5 are still in the running and are all possibles. the list was previously bigger but some were dependent on promotion we are now left with 5

who are the 5 then? take it pieria is not one since it fell apart

my guess.....

mccall

warburton

davies

mccinnes

mcleish

four of the five listed above are not working so to me it looks like mccinnes probably doing a deal to get him from Aberdeen

think the delay is not really a delay it was the time frame intended.

gilligan and murray identify candidates and produce a shortlist including holding informal discussions

Then king comes over from SA this week unveils the st sales and holds official interviews with all candidates which will begin once murray is back from LA

After being linked with the ex Porto manager, and someone who has done very well in England, it would be a huge kick in the teeth to get someone sacked from Bristol City after getting record defeats.

As I've said before the Bristol thing doesn't matter...building an SPFL team that keeps losing when it really counts is more significant.

don't want any of the 5 i mentioned. Really hope there is other candidates. If had to pick from that 5 would go with warburton.

Any of the other 4 and all kings promises go out the window for me.

got to wonder who would accept the position with the way we are selling it.

Can only supplement the squad with 6-7 new players. No budgets or even parameters given just a promise of it being open ended with no numerical value given

Edited by trublusince1982