Give the Man a BLOODY Chance!

I'd imagine taking into account Stu's ability to turn around the 'feel good factor' along with the feeling when the new board took control that there is no need for change in the managerial department.

We all want a different approach, a different route for Rangers, a different philosophy, but we don't really need that in Scotland because the game up here is stagnant it's been like that for years. The only difference is Celtic will win it and we wont because of where we are.

McCoist was a bad manager in our predicament, in hindsight probably the last bloke any club in the world would want in charge of team duties and going for it. A lot of bull served up to us since Walter and co done the same with us though furnished with bucket loads of success.

I'm trying not to repeat myself here, just cementing my word. Stuart McCall should be given a chance like everyone else has.

Changing the manager I'm all for, but not for the reasons suggested above. Instant success has never been afforded to McCall like his predecessors. So, IF the board decide to stick with McCall for next season we should all get behind him. That's all.

McCall was given a chance. He failed miserably with just seven wins out of seventeen.

His team selections & tactics were infuriating too. Too often when I got to Ibrox towards the end of last season to discover McCulloch was still getting a game at CB & Miller was still up front I genuinely felt like turning round and going home.

And I'll say it again - had McCall not previously played for Rangers he'd never have got considered. There is nothing I can see in his managerial record that stands out to suggest he will be what we require. He should be thanked for his services for these past three months and wished all the best for the future. No more than that

Edited by RANGERRAB

I hope we all get behind whoever is in charge.

I would have difficulty with Neil Lennon mind you.

I bet he'd have got us straight up and playing better football.

But I'd rather be relegated to the Lowland League.

I feel quite sorry for Stuart McCall because he inherited a team half full of duds and walking mistakes that Ally, Kenny & the magic clipboard had built.

But why sid he continue to pick the same players who had let McCoist & McDowall down? His team selections and tactics were similar to McCoist's too. They failed for him why were they suddenly going to work for McCall?

He needed to make radical changes. He didn't and met the same fate as his two predecessors this season.

I feel quite sorry for Stuart McCall because he inherited a team half full of duds and walking mistakes that Ally, Kenny & the magic clipboard had built.

Then picked duds week in week out. He sealed his own fate with poor results brought on by poor team selection

He took the chance to do a double bluff to win the kitty. Unfortunately he got it wrong. The person McCall is a top guy but he made too many blunders to be considered for the full time job. It is a pity as I like McCall as a person.

But why sid he continue to pick the same players who had let McCoist & McDowall down? His team selections and tactics were similar to McCoist's too. They failed for him why were they suddenly going to work for McCall?

He needed to make radical changes. He didn't and met the same fate as his two predecessors this season.

Then picked duds week in week out. He sealed his own fate with poor results brought on by poor team selection

I was critical of McCall's decision making myself, so I'm not trying to defend him. I'm just saying that I think he inherited a squad of players from Ally & Kenny which was unlikely to win us promotion at the point McCall took over.

McCall & Black managed to give the team a lift and improve certain things a bit, but they were probably always going to be struggling no matter what they did selection wise.

But why sid he continue to pick the same players who had let McCoist & McDowall down?

I'm not sure what he was supposed to do in all fairness because if he'd completely dropped all of the players supporters were crying out to be dropped he'd have been left with a team which was a total unknown and might not even have got past QoS or Hibs in the play-offs. Remember, when Kenny was caretaker manager a lot of folk were starting to doubt if he'd even get us into the play-offs!