Court action: Injunction granted and RFC to pay £20K costs

To me it seems we've scored an own goal here and wasted a wad of money when it could have been easily avoided. It was a slam dunk for Sports Direct in my opinion they were always in the right. You could argue about who signed the confidentiality agreement (I presume it was Llambias & Leach) but whoever did, they were acting on behalf of Rangers at that time. Were they acting in Rangers interests? Probably not but that's what should have been challenged not just saying we'll ignore what was agreed.

The fact SD took this action and it was stated in court this confidentiality clause was signed in Jan by SD nominated directors surely means there can be a challenge mounted as there is a complete conflict of interest here.

That's a bigger and more complicated issue, and if possible, could be used to set aside the whole contract. We wouldn't want to waste that argument on this relatively minor point.

I'm sure it's being looked into, and hopefully the legal opinion is favourable.

Apart from going on with his new club mantra and other half-truths, here he has a pic of Ashley laughing all over us.

Oh please. It is a picture of Ashley. Nothing more, nothing less. Should he have scoured for a picture of Ashley being all sullen ? Sometimes we see what we want to see, rather than what it actually is.

Oh please. It is a picture of Ashley. Nothing more, nothing less. Should he have scoured for a picture of Ashley being all sullen ? Sometimes we see what we want to see, rather than what it actually is.

Dont often disagree with you Craig, but I do this time, and even more strangely, I agree with dB here. Chris McLaughlin has been Ashley's mouthpiece on Rangers affairs for a long time, and the picture has definitely been picked to suit the slant of the piece. Instead of the BBC asking the biggest question to come out of today, namely what facts are SD so afraid of getting out that they had to go running to court to gag the club, they come over with this bluster puff piece weighted heavily in Ashley's favour, and pick out a lovely photo of Ashley pissing himself to rub it in further.

To me it seems we've scored an own goal here and wasted a wad of money when it could have been easily avoided. It was a slam dunk for Sports Direct in my opinion they were always in the right. You could argue about who signed the confidentiality agreement (I presume it was Llambias & Leach) but whoever did, they were acting on behalf of Rangers at that time. Were they acting in Rangers interests? Probably not but that's what should have been challenged not just saying we'll ignore what was agreed.

Well, since I've only just got in, read this from start to finish & now know that MASH are even more at it than I previously thought, I'm thinking that there was definitely value in doing it.

Dont often disagree with you Craig, but I do this time, and even more strangely, I agree with dB here. Chris McLaughlin has been Ashley's mouthpiece on Rangers affairs for a long time, and the picture has definitely been picked to suit the slant of the piece. Instead of the BBC asking the biggest question to come out of today, namely what facts are SD so afraid of getting out that they had to go running to court to gag the club, they come over with this bluster puff piece weighted heavily in Ashley's favour, and pick out a lovely photo of Ashley pissing himself to rub it in further.

Whatever McLaughlin's many, many faults he certainly didn't pick the photo used, that's someone else's job not his. They probably read the piece and decided that was the most appropriate image based on the article. We all know where McLaughlin gets his stories from, so his slant shouldn't surprise anyone.

Let's hope DK has an ace up his sleeve. I can't see the man taking this lying down. The fat sweaty freak might have more money than Mr King but I'm sure he isn't half as smart. Time will tell.........

He may not be half as smart but his people may well be. He can afford to pay for a lot of smart people unfortunately.