Former Rangers suitor Robert Sarver pours cash into Levante transfer kitty

ONE-TIME Rangers suitor Robert Sarver has promised to invest a whopping £30m transfer kitty into Spanish club Levante.

The American banker tried to buy Rangers at the start of this year, but his £20m offer was rejected.

He has since turned his attention to Valencia-based La Liga side Levante and his offer has been backed by The Levante Foundation - the shareholders group who run the club.

The owner of American basketball team Phoenix Suns has pledged to spend big once he gets the green light to become the club's new owner.

Sarver plans to spend around £40m completing the takeover and has insisted manager Lucas Alcaraz will have up to £30m to bolster his squad in the transfer market.

He made two offers to take control of the Ibrox club in January before Dave King made a return to the role at the Championship side last season.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/former-rangers-suitor-robert-sarver-pours-cash-into-levante-transfer-kitty.130134062

Good luck to him, seemed a genuine guy under what was difficult circumstances for us at the time.

I was hoping King could still get him involved but seems he was wanting to be his own man going solo. As said good luck to him.

No quotes and I can't find similar references to exact figures/'warchests' in the Spanish press.

Sarver is definately involved in talks with Levante, the go-ahead for club to negotiate having come from a formal vote, taken by the relevant body on Tuesday 23rd.

I look at the Herald article, read the Spanish press and wonder if this event isn't being used (and possibly abused) by interested parties.

Edited by buster.
clarify loose sentence

No quotes and I can't find similar references to exact figures/'warchests' in the Spanish press.

Sarver is definately involved in negotiations with Levante, the go-ahead (from club) having come from a formal vote, taken by the relevant body on Tuesday 23rd.

I look at the Herald article, read the Spanish press and wonder if this event isn't being used (and possibly abused) by interested parties.

That would be no surprise.

I wonder what the subject of merlins next piece will be about?

As with Ashley, I doubt he will be allowed to have any great input money- or sharewise with us. If the above is actually correct. I might be wrong, but pouring money into Spanish football is like pouring it into a bottomless pit.

As with Ashley, I doubt he will be allowed to have any great input money- or sharewise with us. If the above is actually correct. I might be wrong, but pouring money into Spanish football is like pouring it into a bottomless pit.

I agree,30 million aint gonna make much difference in that league.

The king haters have already jumped all over this , even though it had nothing to do with him or the current board , in fact Merlin mcturdo wrote a piece slaughtering Server oh the irony

I don't get it. He offered 20m for Rangers and was rejected and then paid 40m for who? Even with the crap of our previous board, from a Rangers point of view, I can't see how Sarver comes out of this other than badly. At the end of the day we're surely worth a hell of a lot more than what's his new team again?

I don't get it. He offered 20m for Rangers and was rejected and then paid 40m for who? Even with the crap of our previous board, from a Rangers point of view, I can't see how Sarver comes out of this other than badly. At the end of the day we're surely worth a hell of a lot more than what's his new team again?

He didn't offer anything for Rangers, he offered to invest his capital in return for a majority shareholding ergo doubling your claimed £20m valuation.

Obviously this chap could have been handy on the investment side but if he had managed to get the club a few months ago who knows who would be in charge, I don't think the timing would have been right to even approach Warburton, so Im glad in that sense as what Warburton seems to be doing with the footballing side of things is invaluable.