Over 33,000 Season books now sold!!

Assuming we are promoted this could get interesting. John Giligan stated in the answer to a question about them getting the whole of the Broomie that it depends on how many ST's we sell. We only gave Hibs the corner, let's hope we sell 40K plus.

Assuming we are promoted this could get interesting. John Giligan stated in the answer to a question about them getting the whole of the Broomie that it depends on how many ST's we sell. We only gave Hibs the corner, let's hope we sell 40K plus.

It would be extremely difficult if not impossible to police if you had 2,000 - 3,000 Celtic fans surrounded on both sides and from above (let's say) by Rangers fans and no doubt Celtic would retaliate in terms of tickets.

I think one of the differences between both clubs cutting the away allocation is that only Celtic are in danger of losing money. The way I feel about them now, that's as good a reason as any to go down that road.

It would be extremely difficult if not impossible to police if you had 2,000 - 3,000 Celtic fans surrounded on both sides and from above (let's say) by Rangers fans and no doubt Celtic would retaliate in terms of tickets.

Did not seem a problem for the police & security at the Hibs game.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Page 72 clauses 127 & 128.

If we can sell more ST's for Broomie, we can greatly reduce the number of them at Ibrox.

That's interesting, BG, I always thought it was a set percentage but

The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be

agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

obviously leaves it wide open.

I believe I am correct in saying we used to get around 7,000 for Parkhead and presumably Celtic got all 8,000 for the Broamloan or less depending on seating restrictions?

So we would need to sell out all three other stands totalling about 40,500 before this becomes a consideration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stadium_stands_by_capacity

On purely fiancial grounds I make it the two games v Celtic are worth about £350,000 in ticket sales (2x say 7,000 @£25 net of VAT) less the cost of policing which might be quite high, so we would need to sell roughly 1,000 season tickets for the Broamloan on top of everywhere else to make it financialy worthwhile (which would mean say 41,500 -42,000 overall). Of course, I appreciate that that might not be the primary consideration.

Whether we want to aim to sell out the ground to season tickets as happens in some American Football grounds is another matter. We have had the experience of not allowing Celtic fans in the past and I would suggest that the atmosphere is better with than without them and I for one want to be able to support my team at Parkhead and elsewhere, whenever possible.

If we could sell out the three other stands to 40,000 season tickets, that would be great, and I would keep the Boamloan for those who cannot commit to a ST for whatever reason, family tickets, visiting fans etc.