When is Ally's contract up?

Obviously a lot of concern that Ally's still drawing a wage, and understandable. For me he'll always be a legend and should always be welcome back at Ibrox, just perhaps not in any sort of employed role... (Possibly some role as a club ambassador, but better if it's unpaid).

Here's a thought though. How would people react if he were to use the money's earned on gardening leave to buy out the Easdale block and rid us of them, would that be enough to repair some of the damage? Not that I've heard anything (don't have the connections that some around here do!), just thought it might be an interesting turn of events were it to happen!

I think he NEEDS to do something exactly like that in order to regain his legendary status. Otherwise he will remain tarnished as it stands.

I'm holding on to hope that Ally is banking the money to be used to help us. I seriously have to believe that there is a reason he is still taking the cash, that he's agreed to take the flak for the moment because he can't do anything else.

Ally has always been what we called a True Ranger. I know it was shit under White/Green/Easdales but that couldn't have turned him so far away could it?

If there was a reason for him taking the money then surely the board wouldn't have mentioned his contract?

I don't know McCoist, I go by what I see before the Whyte era, I always saw him as a cheeky chappy up for a laugh and a good time. I could see myself having a few beers with the man and shooting the shit.

From the Whyte era onward he had some redeeming moments but i think he was absolute disgrace of a Rangers manager.

Why cannot some bears just accept that McCoist is no different from the many many footballers who kiss the shirt but at the end of the day are in it for the money.

I suspect the reason is to do with not wanting to see hero's fall. You like to think that some figures are above that and genuinely care about the club. Given his history and actions pre-crisis, Ally would have been towards the top of everyone's list in this regard, the fans always thought of him as one of their own and don't like to be disillusioned from that ideal.

If there was a reason for him taking the money then surely the board wouldn't have mentioned his contract?

I don't know McCoist, I go by what I see before the Whyte era, I always saw him as a cheeky chappy up for a laugh and a good time. I could see myself having a few beers with the man and shooting the shit.

From the Whyte era onward he had some redeeming moments but i think he was absolute disgrace of a Rangers manager.

Fair point, but that would presuppose that the board were aware of any plans he may have, there's no reason to imagine he's necessarily shared them if he has them

I think the players also thought he was a cheeky chappy up for a laugh and a good time.who could see themselves having a few beers with the man and shooting the shit.

I think the players also thought he was a cheeky chappy up for a laugh and a good time.who could see themselves having a few beers with the man and shooting the shit.

...also belting karaoke's with the gaffer must have been something to look forward to.

for me the status of ally as a legend is now gone in our house is long gone he was a decent goal scorer but as a manager the worst since we were founded and to take wages for the state he left this club in is a disgrace