Eustace Close To Becoming A Player

Young players are naïve at times, constantly learning. I think he could be a great signing for improving the guys around him. I like the idea of an older head coming in and helping the midfield out when we are losing the midfield. The St Johnstone game springs to mind. He wont be on a massive wage, everyone has been saying positive things about the guy at training and we've been meticulous in making sure he is fit enough to merit a contract. Im sure I read that he had concrete offers from other clubs but decided he wanted to sign for us. Good enough for me.

Latest twist puts Eustace deal in doubt at Ibrox

The John Eustace saga shows no sign of letting up despite manager Mark Warburton’s claims last Thursday week the anchor was ready to join ‘in the coming days’.

The soap opera surrounding this player and his excruciatingly long stint at Murray Park is beyond puzzling and more than a little bizarre, and it is Ibroxnoise.co.uk’s understanding the lion share of the delays up till Warburton’s statement were due to injury setbacks, with the former Derby man unable to retain fitness despite impressing in training.

But when Warburton announced his impending signature, it did look like finally ending with the holding player making the switch permanent.

Unfortunately today the following curious twist took place with Rangers releasing a statement:

“(John) Eustace is dealing with a non football related issue and needs to be with his family right now. We should hopefully have something soon.”

The oddity of this one rumbles on with no end in sight.

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/10/latest-twist-puts-eustace-deal-in-doubt.html?

Edited by Bearman

Hope it isn't something bad that's happened in his family.

One hopes not, having been in the situation recently, I know how devasting and disruptive it can be; but perhaps it's a prelude to his wife/family needs him and regrettably he will have to retire/continue his football career elsewhere.