Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

we dont even need to win it just face them in the final and we would most likely secure a spot

Not so Trueblue, the qualification citeria were changed last season.

Performances in domestic leagues will be rewarded. If a national cup winner has booked a UEFA Champions League spot, the highest-ranked club in their domestic league not already qualified for the UEFA Europa League will qualify for the competition; national cup runners-up no longer qualify.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2137611.html

I'll be shocked and disappointed if Law (28 in March) does not get a new 2 year deal and I think Shiels might get a one year offer. Aside from Wallace and Miller (can he continue to prove most of us wrong and be a goalscoring 36/37 year old in the SPFL?) who already have contracts and to a lesser extent Templeton (who has little time left to prove his worth, especially with the arrival of Forrester and perhaps others) Law and Shiels are the only ones with proven experience in the top flight.

I'll be gutted if Law gets so much as a single days extension, Shiels I could happily live with, Templeton simply has to go to free up wages.

Welcome to Gersnet.

Do you not think we need an out and out striker and a better quality of CB than Kiernan?

Thanks Hemdani... in short no I don't. I think we need player/s who can score from anywhere not necessarily just a penalty box striker. I don't want a target man for knock downs and recycled second ball either but I would agree that at times against packed bunker defenses we've look a little shy with support numbers when our lads have turned or split defenders wide. Not everyone is a fan of Dean Shiels but he's used soft chip with lots of back spin to beat the bunker on a number of occasions this season. Clever players aware of what needs to be done against that bunker are more important for me as the squad is full of goal scorers already.

EDIT: I think Kiernan is left a little exposed at times because unlike Big Derek and Dave Smith in the 72' final he doesn't have Greig sitting in front of him clearing everything and everyone out. If we have someone to do that he can learn to clean up if anyone should slip through then he can worry about play style and distribution later.

For the style we're playing that role is vital in fact if you remember and what I consider our greatest ever victory other than Juventus in 78' Parlane stepped in for Greig in the game against Bayern and had Roth in his back pocket for the full game and scored a belter into the bargain.

Edited by Big Jaws

Thanks BH was not aware of that.

Do the winners still get the spot if they have not already qualified?

Not sure which winners you mean trb.

The UEFA Europa League winners will be rewarded with a place in the UEFA Champions League in one of several notable changes introduced to further boost the appeal of a competition which promises to go from strength to strength.

If you mean the national cup winners, then yes, that still applies.

Check out the qualification access list on the oft mentioned and wonderful Bert Kassises site http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/access2015.html

As things stand at present our cup winners start in ELQ2 as you may remember this season and looks like that might still apply next season; after that it's problematic.

I'll be gutted if Law gets so much as a single days extension, Shiels I could happily live with, Templeton simply has to go to free up wages.

I know you're not a paid up member of his fan club FS nor is the guy who sits next to me, who will be equally apoplectic; but look at how our performances have turned around since he came back into the team, facts speak for themselves.

I know you're not a paid up member of his fan club FS nor is the guy who sits next to me, who will be equally apoplectic; but look at how our performances have turned around since he came back into the team, facts speak for themselves.

Facts like Zelalem had more assists in his 18 mins than Law had in 72?

Edited by forlanssister
Shite spelling.

Our manager is one of the most respectful managers around,he will not do anything untoward,and so far he has not let us down regarding the football side and signings and for that reason he has my full trust that he knows what he is doing and what is expected of him being the manager of Rangers,if the manager wants a player then I am very comfortable with any player he brings in,they may not always work but that is a known fact that not all signings work out for any club but he leaves nothing out when assessing a player before he signs them.

If the manager thinks they can do a job for Rangers then that will do for me.