Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

You can't blame simpletons for being taken advantage of - Shiels doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, if anything, it just shows what lazy journalists we have today. I mean really, how is that a story in anyone's world?

Been told that Toumani Diagouraga may not be here till next week or possibly start of next season, depending Brentford signing a replacement! Think we need this guy now.

Was MW asked about this at today's press conference?

Edited by BEARGER
Question

I'm finding this signing quite intersting as we've all being saying how we need a good holding midfielder and allow Halliday a more creative roll. At least Warburton knows it too and has acted on that. I think he was waiting on Eustace but the guy never proved his fitness.

I think it could make a big difference to the team in terms of losing bad goals which is our main danger of dropping points.

If he comes soon, I can't see Zelalem getting much of game, and think it spells the end for Law.

After reading his wikipedia page, it seems that MW hasn't always had him as a favourite. He dropped him for a while at one point and challenged him to earn a new contract - which he did, and then later sent him out on loan to Portsmouth where he was happy to stay, until he was recalled after 8 games.

It's ironic that most on here have been a little worried about the 'lean' squad, but when new players are about to sign we are saying those that are here currently are finished. I don't think it means any current player is 'finished' per se, simply that they'll be pushed further down the pecking order -- assuming the new guys are good enough! -- but it most certainly gives us more options. We'd still have a lean squad IMO, but the options are better and the versatility of a few players is very pleasing.

'Mani' (I'm going with that -- I won't even try to spell the second name!) would be a good signing: a DM is exactly what we need. It'll give Halliday an opportunity to play further forward -- and perhaps out wide? I recall him playing there for a previous club -- and gives us more 'solid' options in the middle of the park. I like the option of playing a double pivot for those tricky games.