Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Michael O'Halloran can play across the frontline and does so for the Perth Saints. He's a former Yahoo youth player (and some say still one of their ilk).

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-ohalloran/profil/spieler/125158

Mark Warburton insists Toumani Diagouraga is not Rangers' only midfield target

By Lyall Thomas Last Updated: 10/01/16 7:01pm

Rangers manager Mark Warburton insists the club have other midfield targets aside from Brentford's Toumani Diagouraga.

Sky sources understand the Scottish Championship club had a bid turned down for Diagouraga late last week, and several Scottish newspapers have reported that futher offers have been made.

Warburton was asked a direct question about his interest in the 28-year-old Frenchman after Rangers' 5-1 win at home to Cowdenbeath in the Scottish Cup.

But he said: "I'm never going to talk about another club's players. When we conclude our business we can talk about it.

"Right now we have a number of targets because the nature of this game is that you have to have options one, two, three and four.

"There are a number of players we're looking at and work being done, and hopefully we can bring them here. If not, the squad is top of the league and in the next round of the cup. It's strong and we have shown our quality."

Diagouraga signed for Brentford from Peterborough in 2010 and thrived under Warburton as they made the Championship play-offs last season.

He has continued to impress under all three of Warburton's successors at Brentford; Marinus Dijkhuizen, interim head coach Lee Carsley and current boss Dean Smith.

But Diagouraga's contract at Griffin Park, renewed in 2014, expires at the end of the season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10125792/mark-warburton-insists-toumani-diagouraga-is-not-rangers-only-midfield-target

Anyone know what position he plays, and if he is any good? Don't recall him from their victory at Ibrox earlier this season.

Was it not O'Halloran that ran our defenders ragged playing up front in that game. I am sure it was.

Just googled!

Rangers 1 St Johnstone 3, match report: Michael O’Halloran inspires visitors to comprehensive win

Rangers vs St Johnstone, Scottish League Cup - Rangers exit tournament with deserved defeat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11884009/Rangers-1-St-Johnstone-3-match-report-Michael-OHalloran-inspires-visitors-to-comprehensive-win.html

Thanks for above replies. I didn't think the guy who beat us at Ibrox was him but clearly it was. I'm sure he hasn't had an easier centre back pairing to play against all season as we were truly awful that night.

Still. He looks to have pace, an eye for goal, and is playing comfortably in the league we have to try to win next season. I'm happier being linked with players like this than nobodies from Accrington bloody Stanley!

Thanks for above replies. I didn't think the guy who beat us at Ibrox was him but clearly it was. I'm sure he hasn't had an easier centre back pairing to play against all season as we were truly awful that night.

Still. He looks to have pace, an eye for goal, and is playing comfortably in the league we have to try to win next season. I'm happier being linked with players like this than nobodies from Accrington bloody Stanley!

He proved that day he can cause havoc on the break with plenty of room to run into. I wonder what he can do in a packed penalty area? The other thing that worries me is the old adage that if you play well against Rangers they will sign you.

Rangers boss Mark Warburton plots to land Barnet's teenage striker Matt Stevens

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3393073/Rangers-boss-Mark-Warburton-plots-land-Barnet-s-teenage-striker-Matt-Stevens.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Rangers manager Mark Warburton hopes to add Barnet striker Matt Stevens to his list of summer recruits.

The 17-year-old has broken into the Hive’s first-team squad this season after being prolific with the club’s youth team but is out of contract in the summer.

Warburton — whose side booked their place in fifth round of the Scottish Cup on Sunday with a comfortable 5-1 victory over Cowdenbeath — hopes to persuade the player to join Josh Windass and Matt Crooks at Ibrox after the pair agreed to join once their deals with Accrington Stanley expire.

Stevens has only made a handful of appearances for Martin Allen’s League Two side but already he is being touted as a player with a huge future in the game.

Swansea had a £250,000 bid for him turned down last year while both Manchester United and Manchester City are believed to be tracking him although neither club has yet formalised their interest.

The teenager is the identikit of the players Warburton is attempting to build his Ibrox tenure on – young with potential that offer good future value in the transfer market.

The acquisitions of former Wigan pair James Tavernier and Martyn Waghorn have been the highlights of his dealings so far.