SPFL shake up League Cup with £8m TV deal...

Fuck sake that sounds awful. Let's plan a competition during the 3 months of the year when half of scotland goes away in search of sun.

What happens on World cup years or European?

That's one I was wondering about. I thought all football came to a halt during a world cup.

Sounds like a decent proposal to me. Scottish football needs to do something different as we're going nowhere fast at the moment, sadly we know that the pricing structure will continue to freeze or deter many from attending games.

Edited by Chibmark

Only time will tell if it will work but given clubs will use the games as league season preparation, I don't expect the highest amount of quality to be on show.

Is anyone willing to bet that the cost of entry for the public will be reduced to attend these training sessions ???

Is anyone willing to bet that the cost of entry for the public will be reduced to attend these training sessions ???

Given the enhanced TV coverage deal, the clubs will have to do something to get people along....

Assuming that we will be one of the Premier League seeded teams when we go up what worries me is how much this will affect season tickets or will it be an extra cost.

Having watched in the era of the old league cup I do not see the new set up being any more attractive other than a chance for the smaller clubs leeching off the bigger.

This will prevent us getting some good pre-season friendlies under our belts against superior opposition to ready ourselves for the tilt at 55, albeit for one season only.

I like the idea of summer football, i like the idea of the league cup being regionalised and seeded, but you just knew that put all that together by the ones running our game and it would come out an abhorrent mess that this sounds like.

It takes only a few minutes to realise this will be used as pre-season friendlies by most clubs, or are we to believe they will all come back for pre-season earlier to ensure they are all ready at top level for mid-July? Also, In most years the teams with a bye will be the only teams that can summon a tv audience, so it wont take BT long to see there is no demand for watching Scottish second tier teams playing pre-season friendlies.