RST Write to Senior SNP Figures Over IRA Pub Visit

I don't know about you but I enjoy listening to the Rangers' support when it rotates through the whole songbook. I feel energized when Ibrox is rocking. I especially miss TBB, but that's just an opinion.

The upshot is though, that we can't just go to the match on a Saturday and enjoy the game. We are forced, by the actions of others, to consider a more political environment. I don't have a police record, have never committed a felony, and yet if I want to watch the Rangers I am forced to watch the police filming me as I watch the game. Why? This is not football, this is politics. I never asked to be involved in politics while I watch my football team.

I think that is an exaggerated claim. So far I have not been aware of the police filming me at any game at Ibrox, they seem only interested in our self styled ultras.

You're not looking in the correct places then, i have seen the police, whilst seated in the Broomloan rear, filming from the Mainstand Front the the Union Bears in BF1

Edited by aweebluesoandso

You're not looking in the correct places then, i have seen the police, whilst seated in the Broomloan rear, filming from the Mainstand Front the the Union Bears in BF1

You are making my point for me, this is what I said,

"I think that is an exaggerated claim. So far I have not been aware of the police filming me at any game at Ibrox, they seem only interested in our self styled ultras."

Eh? Denigrate and belittle? When did I do that?

I don't, most people in this part of the world have very little understanding of Irish history. There are exceptions but not many. People who sing rebel songs in pubs of a Saturday tend to be pretty ignorant in my experience.

I'm not sure if you're lionising the Billy Boys here Barca or comparing them to the IRA, or both.

Also, I don't have an "opposite culture" whatever the fuck that is, Martian perhaps? I'm culturally, linguistically, socially and ethnically identical to the Irish and those or Irish origin. So are you.

You're conflating an awful lot of things Barca. It was a photo-op in a pub, it had nothing t do with Rangers. Dress that up anyway you want, it doesn't change it though.

For God's sake man, your first post was dripping with disparaging remarks to both cultures.

In fact your second paragraph in this reply almost sounds snobbish. Do you expect me to accept that no one in the West of Scotland knows their history? Who would the exceptions be - only those who are educated at Hutcheson's Grammar?

In your third paragraph I believe you are being patronizing. I refuse to believe that a man with you intelligence would purport to miss the point of the information given. I think you know exactly what I mean by an 'opposite culture'. It would be highly unlikely that our own culture would attempt to kill our club stone-dead in 2012. In eleven generations of family heritage I have found no ties to anything Irish. I do speak the Queen's english, and sometimes the Scots' vernacular. I do not consider myself tied culturally or socially to the Irish, so please don't make statements that you have no idea about.

I had to combine a lot of things to make the point that this event was not just an electioneering stunt in ANY pub. The RST made the point that the pub was the base for a CSC who had a history of violence against Rangers fans. Further, the very man who brought in the OBA was front and centre in the picture, Salmond. Surely you would agree that in politics perception is everything. This was not a random choice of venue. In this instance I agree with the RST that this event needed to be challenged.

If I have been unable to sway your opinion then we shall have to agree to disagree.

You are making my point for me, this is what I said,

"I think that is an exaggerated claim. So far I have not been aware of the police filming me at any game at Ibrox, they seem only interested in our self styled ultras."

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,

Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

Ever heard of telephoto lens?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,

Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

Ever heard of telephoto lens?

Sure have but doubt it very much that the police are photographing/videoing me in my seat in main stand. I'm certainly not aware of being filmed and have heard no complaints from those around me. As I said earlier it's a "problem" for the self styled ultras only as far as I can see.

For God's sake man, your first post was dripping with disparaging remarks to both cultures.

Okay, in that case you'll have no problem pointing them out.

In fact your second paragraph in this reply almost sounds snobbish. Do you expect me to accept that no one in the West of Scotland knows their history? Who would the exceptions be - only those who are educated at Hutcheson's Grammar?

Firstly it's apostrophe after the s, c'mon man read the thread! :-)

I didn't say "no one". In my experience the exceptions are people who have lived on both islands but I've met some who haven't but seem to understand.

In your third paragraph I believe you are being patronizing. I refuse to believe that a man with you intelligence would purport to miss the point of the information given. I think you know exactly what I mean by an 'opposite culture'. It would be highly unlikely that our own culture would attempt to kill our club stone-dead in 2012. In eleven generations of family heritage I have found no ties to anything Irish. I do speak the Queen's english, and sometimes the Scots' vernacular. I do not consider myself tied culturally or socially to the Irish, so please don't make statements that you have no idea about.

Whether you consider yourself or not Barca isn't important, because you are whether you like it or not. You are culturally, linguistically, socially and ethnically identical to me and the average person living in Dundalk, Ballymena or Coatbridge.

I had to combine a lot of things to make the point that this event was not just an electioneering stunt in ANY pub. The RST made the point that the pub was the base for a CSC who had a history of violence against Rangers fans. Further, the very man who brought in the OBA was front and centre in the picture, Salmond. Surely you would agree that in politics perception is everything. This was not a random choice of venue. In this instance I agree with the RST that this event needed to be challenged.

If I have been unable to sway your opinion then we shall have to agree to disagree.

Read my first post again Barca, obviously that venue wasn't chosen at random. What has it got to do with us though?

Well I think the RST deserve considerable praise.

Every week football fans are experiencing at first hand the effects of the legislation this party, not only introduced, but have made one of their flagship policies. Anyone in any doubt only need look at the judicial process concerning this.

We sit on our computers comlaining about this and that but rarely grab the mantle to challenge those who impose such draconian laws upon us - yet when soemone does they are slated for it.

What next for this government ? Perhaps they will get Stan Collymore to lead their campaign against domestic abuse.

Well I think the RST deserve considerable praise.

Every week football fans are experiencing at first hand the effects of the legislation this party' date=' not only introduced, but have made one of their flagship policies. Anyone in any doubt only need look at the judicial process concerning this.

We sit on our computers comlaining about this and that but rarely grab the mantle to challenge those who impose such draconian laws upon us - yet when soemone does they are slated for it.

What next for this government ? Perhaps they will get Stan Collymore to lead their campaign against domestic abuse.[/quote']

ffs = don't give them ideas

Sure have but doubt it very much that the police are photographing/videoing me in my seat in main stand. I'm certainly not aware of being filmed and have heard no complaints from those around me. As I said earlier it's a "problem" for the self styled ultras only as far as I can see.

They do call themselves Ultra on occasions and their badges and whatnot have a mild Ultra theme, but i think it a exaggeration, they are very tame in comparison to some Ultra groups on the continent. Their behavior at Ibrox is great imo, so i don't see the need for covert police surveilliance

Hah, yeah feel free to correct my spelling and grammar, my comprehensive education was often lacking! :-)

My point on his choice of club to support was because I doubt he's following his grandfather and father's side or it through peer pressure at school, which is usually the case for most of us. He's chosen Celtic for 'other' reasons.

Well, I went to "Hutchie" and I took up following Rangers because they won the first football match I was taken to see by my grandfather, Rangers v Third Lanark in 1957. I'm pretty sure that if my grandfather supported anyone it would have been the "Thirds" for cultural reasons and also because he lived just up the road from Cathkin in Mt Florida.

So I'm sorry but I still don't get your point. Let's say that Mr Yousaf's father and grandfather didn't support any team , let alone Celtic; and he was not influenced by peer pressure at school. (Although one of my cousins who went to Hutchie supports Celtic, so maybe there's an underground movement going on, all this was years ago.)

What are the "other" reasons, for Mr Yousaf supporting Celtic, please spell them out for us.