Learning from our mistakes: Rangers v Queen of the South

What was King saying?

Was asked if he enjoyed training

said yeah its really good get more time off here than at hearts where they only get a monday off, training sessions are shorter here too but more intensive so he prefers that than being in training all day

throw away remarks but would rather hear they were working their arses off after falkirk game

Think he said something about sessions being shorter but with higher intensity. Would need to hear it again but I'm not concerned about what he said if that's the case because studies show that you get more from shorter, high intensity sessions.

Absolutely. Just going through the motions during longer sessions won't be too beneficial IMO. As long as it translates to better performances on the pitch.

Was asked if he enjoyed training

said yeah its really good get more time off here than at hearts where they only get a monday off, training sessions are shorter here too but more intensive so he prefers that than being in training all day

throw away remarks but would rather hear they were working their arses off after falkirk game

I know what you mean, but as long as it translates to better performances on the pitch, it doesn't really matter.

We may have to step it up for the Prem? Same formula, but more of them?

I know what you mean, but as long as it translates to better performances on the pitch, it doesn't really matter.

We may have to step it up for the Prem? Same formula, but more of them?

As you say if its working go for it, worked for brian cloughs teams!

As long as when the teams looks lackadaisical and under performs training sessions are upped in response

Personally would up training/tactical sessions the next few weeks until they get their fingers out and perform for 90 mins and in preparation for the cup game. Extra work should be happening on defending before next season.

That was brutal today. We have big problems at the back, and most of you know I've been saying that for months. The mhanks will take us apart. Great attack, a back line that's taking years off me week by week. Oh jeeees?

Edited by cooponthewing

Six goals lost in two games. I'm not an expert but that suggests weakness either in the mind or in the technique of defending. Either way, it's got to be sorted.

IMO we're woeful at the back and the standard of goal we concede is atrocious.

Six goals lost in two games. I'm not an expert but that suggests weakness either in the mind or in the technique of defending. Either way, it's got to be sorted.

I think it was a bit of both. Omitting the penalty (Wallace slipped IMO), the second was switching off mentally and the third was dropping too deep and not closing down the man. We need to do better.

It's not the whole game too; just when certain players go off. It doesn't excuse it though.

Edited by Rousseau

I think it was a bit of both. Omitting the penalty (Wallace slipped IMO), the second was switching off mentally and the third was dropping too deep and not closing down the man.

wilson was easily beat just before the penalty again looked like he had switched off and just reacted

Not sure I completely agree Steve. We looked comfortable all day until Ball got substituted. He really has made the holding midfield position his own.

Whose to say he won't be injured for the Cup game or sent off for not allowing Brown to punch him?

In any case shipping six goals in two games v second tier opposition terrifies me before an OF game. Granted I haven't seen today's yet but all descriptions seem very damning.