Learning from our mistakes: Rangers v Queen of the South

Was asked if he enjoyed training

said yeah its really good get more time off here than at hearts where they only get a monday off, training sessions are shorter here too but more intensive so he prefers that than being in training all day

throw away remarks but would rather hear they were working their arses off after falkirk game

No point training for 4 hours at this stage of the season when a game lasts 90 minutes. It wasn't fitness that let them down against Falkirk. If anything they should spend time reviewing videos of that game

No point training for 4 hours at this stage of the season when a game lasts 90 minutes. It wasn't fitness that let them down against Falkirk. If anything they should spend time reviewing videos of that game

Training is the term i would use to cover it all mate from analysis to tactical.

Personally i wouldn't give extra time off when you are at your most important part of the season it can have adverse effects mentally.

at this point of the season i would have been trying to give them an extra push over the finish line not allowing them to slacken off.

Its maybe something that has to happen with a smaller squad maybe a few are carrying niggling injuries or are mentally tired so the management team are thinking a rest is needed.

Training is the term i would use to cover it all mate from analysis to tactical.

Personally i wouldn't give extra time off when you are at your most important part of the season it can have adverse effects mentally.

at this point of the season i would have been trying to give them an extra push over the finish line not allowing them to slacken off.

Its maybe something that has to happen with a smaller squad maybe a few are carrying niggling injuries or are mentally tired so the management team are thinking a rest is needed.

I could be wrong but what King mentioned I reckon he was talking about just the physical aspect - I missed some of it as I was making the kids lunch but did he not say something like "training is shorter but high intensity, but that doesn't include gym work" ?

In talking to one of the Academy coaches a couple of weeks ago every player had an individualized gym program and they can undertake that whenever they like (obviously it is electronically monitored) so the training sessions won't include those gym sessions either. I suspect that it also won't include game analysis either.

If calculations are correct, against our direct contenders we need 2 more points (vs Falkirk) or 5 points (vs Hibs), should these teams win all their games.

Falkirk lost 2-1 against Livingston, coming from 0-2 down at 90mins and missing a penalty in 93.. Bad for the Bairns, as they need any points in the race against Hibs.

Its getting to the stage of being like watching Newcastle under Keegan. Great going forward but awful at the back. We have to tighten up - I mean imagine what Rory McAllister will do to us in the Petrofac final:seal:

Today wasn't great but the job is almost done. We now have effectively one foot over the finishing line. Not getting promotion this season would have been unthinkable after last season.

We now have a group of players who know the job is almost done & I think it's beginning to show. We are still well short in 2 or 3 positions & the squad is still very light. I wouldn't expect any of the 3 players who came on as subs today(Law, Clark & Shiels) to be here next season. They will need replaced & we must hope their replacements are capable of making the step up which will be required for next season.

I hope we can get this finished as soon as possible so we can go into the Petrofac final & the SC semi against the yahoos without any unnecessary pressure. Then, whatever happens, rebuilding can begin for next season. We should be looking forward to it even if we're a season behind schedule

Edited by RANGERRAB

We have only lost 1 goal more than Falkirk at home and 2 more than Hibs , yet have scored 17 more than Falkirk and over 20 more than Hibs , just a wee point

Nervy ending again today we switched off again .Still have worries re Tav although he put in some lovely crosses.

Foddy had poor game today some bad decision making and Halliday will have to "MAN UP" too easily brushed aside at times.

From my seat third and fourth goals were things of beauty play + finishing

Usual standard of refereeing "pathetic" is too simple to describe.

Four points needed to win title on goal difference five to win by points.