Learning from our mistakes: Rangers v Queen of the South

We will also have a proper defensive midfielder to play in front of the back 4 next year IMHO , something that we badly lack , we get away with it to an extent this year though Ball has played well he is only 20 plus he's a Center back

We have only lost 1 goal more than Falkirk at home and 2 more than Hibs , yet have scored 17 more than Falkirk and over 20 more than Hibs , just a wee point

One wonders what the goals lost total per team is in proportion to periods of pressure and chances for each.

I think what frightens many of us is that we seem to concede so many goals through terrible (non) defensive play, sloppiness and errors in basic marking and positioning.

We were told that MW concentrated on attack and relied on scoring more than the opponent. Admirable, of course, but not good for the nerves in three weeks as it surely only works when you are playing teams with approximately the same (or lower) level of experience and quality. (And, yes, I know the timz are no great shakes but there is a straightforward reason Souness fears an embarrassing scoreline.) Having said which, obviously I hope we blow them off the face of the planet with a blistering non-stop attacking display :-)

Edited by SteveC

Sloppy goals to concede. We'll take the win though. We played very well for large spells, but the way we make it hard for ourselves will be a worry; it was mostly when Ball and Holt went off, so we'll need better replacements for those guys.

How that cheat Russell stayed on the pitch I'll never know: clutching his face when he deliberately handled the ball? Embarrassing.

(Falkirk lost 1-2 to Livingston.)

9 times out of 10 we become weaker after substitutions especially when Clark comes on.

We were told that MW concentrated on attack and relied on scoring more than the opponent.:-)

Today's performance reminded me of a little song from a while back....

" we're gonnae score more goals than you....Warburton. Warburton. Warburton.

Was asked if he enjoyed training

said yeah its really good get more time off here than at hearts where they only get a monday off, training sessions are shorter here too but more intensive so he prefers that than being in training all day

throw away remarks but would rather hear they were working their arses off after falkirk game

Watched their session last week day before we played Falkirk, was very, very intensive and that was supposed to be a "light session".

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?76565-A-wee-snippet-of-today-s-training

Given what we've seen this season regards style of play and general fitness I find it hard to criticise the training regime, it's not as if they're reduced to taking pot shots at the managers arse.

Our fitness cannot be questioned this season at all , the same as petty niggles you get from playing at it , our injury loss has been superb this season as has our discipline

We have come a long way from what we were a year ago on the park.

Just goes to show what happens when you get the right manager in & allow him to make the necessary changes.

Make no mistake with 2 or 3 quality additions during the close season we will be challenging for the premiership title next season.

Of that I have no doubt

I could be wrong but what King mentioned I reckon he was talking about just the physical aspect - I missed some of it as I was making the kids lunch but did he not say something like "training is shorter but high intensity, but that doesn't include gym work" ?

In talking to one of the Academy coaches a couple of weeks ago every player had an individualized gym program and they can undertake that whenever they like (obviously it is electronically monitored) so the training sessions won't include those gym sessions either. I suspect that it also won't include game analysis either.

Don't remember him saying anything about the gym. They all get work to do at home with personnel website log ins that give them a technical analysis of the last game. Would imagine that would include instruction on what to do to improve.

Would imagine MW knows what he is doing. We are only looking from the outside in. Maybe the players need a rest and that is what the fitness coaches are suggesting is best

I think the players already know they're going up and although they can start off well in games, seem to lose interest in a way, probably thinking too much about the meeting with that one horse up there.

6 goals conceded in our last two games, that's one more than the previous 13. Am I worried? Am I feck!