Scott Brown has slaughtered the Hampden pitch

"The thing about moving is that we talk about preserving a tradition to sing the most anachronistic and inappropriate songs, but we have one of THE most historic football venues in the world and would dump it at the drop of a hat."

The true historic Hampden was dumped long ago.

"The thing about moving is that we talk about preserving a tradition to sing the most anachronistic and inappropriate songs, but we have one of THE most historic football venues in the world and would dump it at the drop of a hat."

The true historic Hampden was dumped long ago.

You could probably say the same for all stadiums as they are continually rebuilt over 100 years or more, including Ibrox. Hampden has been on the same site since 1903 so is it the same entity?

It's one of these philosophical questions I suppose - and seeing as our molecules completely change about every seven years, as does our personality due to our experiences, it applies to people too.

My biggest concerns for a new stadium would be losing the history and funding it.

For the old stadium, I've never been comfortable with the lease thing - the SFA should own it. As for the grass, isn't that due to QP playing there 20 times a season plus the concerts that allow people to stand on the pitch?

I look back and wish we had done what Wales did, combining the two stadiums (Murrayfield - before it was done up) and built an 80k stadium with a roof. It's certainly needed for the rugby and any OF game plus would be filled in finals by many combinations of teams.

Scotland always seems to be full of too many stubborn and parochial people to get together and do anything sensible that benefits us for generations.

It's also got to be said that plans to make Hampden decent has been thwarted twice by Tory governments...

A time of austerity and loss of income to Scottish football is probably not the best time to think about building a new Stadium - although investing in these kind of things has been good for the economies of some countries in recession or depression, but that's not the path we're currently on.

What's wrong with transport links to hampden? Trains, bus, car, all easy as pie.

Whenever I've went to game by car in the past, trying to get parked anywhere near is is dreadful but I've not been by car for a while.

Getting to it by train isn't usually too bad but getting away from it afterwards is awful. Not to mention you have to then get from Central Station to Queens Street to connect.

Edited by Frankie

who actually owns Hampden? does anyone know? surely not QP?

Queen's Park own it. The Stadium is leased to the SFA and has been operated by Hampden Park Limited since April 2000. It is an initial 20-year lease with a further 20-year option.

We will find out how accurate Brown's assessment is, when we play Peterhead next week in the final of the Petrofac.

Further, I believe Hibs/Dundee United are on it the day before our match with the Yahoos?

I note Brown, like team mates McKay-Stevens, Griffiths, Stokes, ....... etc is sporting a new fuller thatch. Perhaps, they can advise the Hampden ground staff on dealing with bare patches.

Hopefully,they will be getting their rugs pulled from beneath them shortly.

What's wrong with transport links to hampden? Trains, bus, car, all easy as pie.

As someone who lived in the area and sometimes nowadays returns I have to disagree there mate. Pre match is fine. The problems start after the games when traffic comes to a standstill and trains just do not have the capacity. Next time you are there stand back and look at how many folk are heading off on foot walking for miles.

The mistake imo was made years ago when the option of moving out to a brand new stadium with quick connections to motorways. Somewhere like the Linwood byepass or perhaps Motherwell direction.