[FT] Raith Rovers 3 - 3 Rangers (Forrester 29; O'Halloran 35; Miller 48)

Some work done over at FF regarding Miller's offside call:

2jba6wk.png

The chap in the middle looks sure in-line with Miller. Wonder where the linesman was ...

From where I sat I thought Miller offside ,in your picture free kick still not taken and Miller on move which IMO took him into the offside decision./QUOTE]

Spot-on Mack :tu:

Same scrutiny, only this time with the moment the free kick was actually taken...like Mack, the linesman called it correctly.

gn32.png

Thanks for confirming I was absolutely gutted at waste of free kick so late in game,I said on a post over a month ago that we have to learn to see game out,balls into corner,into row "Z" of stand ,whatever it takes,our silky football is great but sometimes has to be abandoned at end to get result.If you look at Leceister today nothing spectacular just honest guys trying to ensure result.In saying that big Fraser was magnificent in his saves bet he is glad he left the Manky Mob.

I watched the Leceister game myself and the young lad Grey who came on late in the game played it particularly smart holding up play and drawing fouls in the corner. On a side note the park was absolutely immaculate for this late in the season.

I know Warburton wants to play the whole squad and prefers to keep attacking but for me Ball should have come on instead of Zelalem as a defensive mid. I don't know about Dumbarton or Petershead but if Ball is not playing a defensive mid role against the tims we will be over-run in midfield.

If you look at that film and slow it down from the 86.75 mark, three Rangers players are taken out by Toshney's back-header which leaves one Rangers player plus the goalie against 4 RR players.

Wallace has been drawn over to the covering the short corner, why not a midfielder or forward for that role?

What happened to having the full-backs inside the posts? Had Tavernier, he was pulled over to cover the near post because Wallace was out of position, been there he would have cleared the ball before it hit the post and rebounded back into play.

This is basic elemental defending of a corner that was horrendously missing.

If you look at that film and slow it down from the 86.75 mark, three Rangers players are taken out by Toshney's back-header which leaves one Rangers player plus the goalie against 4 RR players.

Wallace has been drawn over to the covering the short corner, why not a midfielder or forward for that role?

What happened to having the full-backs inside the posts? Had Tavernier, he was pulled over to cover the near post because Wallace was out of position, been there he would have cleared the ball before it hit the post and rebounded back into play.

This is basic elemental defending of a corner that was horrendously missing.

Actually the corner was from the other side. It was played into the area glanced header found a Raith player on the pen spot who controlled it and swept it back towards his own goals and collected on the front edge of our 18yard box, the player is then closed down by Haliday and Wilson with King to their right and Zelalem behind them, from there the ball is played out to the side of the box, Wallace tracks it and it is swung back into the mix with Wilson posted missing running back towards the goal... Kiernan is drawn towards the ball to try and win the header because there is no Wilson and Tav comes over to cover him. Holt is on the line with 4 Raith players around him. Miller is in space on the 6 yard box King the same on the 18yard box Zelalem and Haliday a yard apart are standing having a smoke at the pen spot marking nothing and no-one. That's 4 Rangers players standing marking space doing nothing and one (Wilson) still trying to get back to the header Kiernan couldn't reach. Keirnan and Tav in this occasion did what they should have but Wilson being out of position wasn't the only problem with that goal.

Actually the corner was from the other side. It was played into the area glanced header found a Raith player on the pen spot who controlled it and swept it back towards his own goals and collected on the front edge of our 18yard box, the player is then closed down by Haliday and Wilson with King to their right and Zelalem behind them, from there the ball is played out to the side of the box, Wallace tracks it and it is swung back into the mix with Wilson posted missing running back towards the goal... Kiernan is drawn towards the ball to try and win the header because there is no Wilson and Tav comes over to cover him. Holt is on the line with 4 Raith players around him. Miller is in space on the 6 yard box King the same on the 18yard box Zelalem and Haliday a yard apart are standing having a smoke at the pen spot marking nothing and no-one. That's 4 Rangers players standing marking space doing nothing and one (Wilson) still trying to get back to the header Kiernan couldn't reach. Keirnan and Tav in this occasion did what they should have but Wilson being out of position wasn't the only problem with that goal.

You mean like this!

raith goal.jpg