[FT] Raith Rovers 3 - 3 Rangers (Forrester 29; O'Halloran 35; Miller 48)

I'm convinced it's the midfield, not the defence. Once they start punting balls into the box it's 50/50, so it's no wonder we start conceding. And, I'm still convinced we've been really unfortunate: 9 goals conceded in 3 games is abysmal, but how many were unfortunate?

you must be joking.

I'm convinced it's the midfield, not the defence. Once they start punting balls into the box it's 50/50, so it's no wonder we start conceding. And, I'm still convinced we've been really unfortunate: 9 goals conceded in 3 games is abysmal, but how many were unfortunate?

The defending isn't great at times but because we usually only have Halliday for cover (or Ball when he plays the deeper role), teams do have the extra man for the second ball and in various games we've been punished. As long as we keep Forrester, O'Halloran, Holt and Miller up the park, we'll leave ourselves short. That's a gamble.

looked nervous today especially near the end. Halliday played really well today saved us on a couple of occasions. Defence is getting worse, needs some serious work on the training ground especially positioning at corners both defending and attacking

raging away next week will miss the party on tuesday. Enjoy bears and bearettes have a good one :cheers:

you must be joking.

Defence have been poor at times (see the second goal last weekend and the Falkirk game also) but we lack cover when teams have the upper hand because so many players stay in offensive positions. Equally, Ball, Halliday and others have been responsible for not doing their defensive work well enough at times (see the third goal last week and the second and third goal today).

Quite often we defend the initial ball/danger but it's on the follow up we struggle due to a) a lack of bodies and b), most importantly for me, a lack of organisation from someone like Wilson, Kiernan or Wallace.

The frustration is the defence was looking pretty solid for the first couple of months this season. Thought the centre backs were terrific against Dundee, for instance. But they've looked dreadful ever since. I don't think it's just a lack of bodies defending: there's been goals scored where everyone's pretty much stood and watched as crosses were put in.

Wilson turning his back on a shot lacks the sort of determination we would hope to see today.

Not like him as he's had some excellent blocks of late actually.

Today we just seemed to lack a bit of energy at times. Players seemed to freeze a little after half-time when they realised what was about to happen. Too many long balls, too many bad touches and not enough organisation. Only Halliday and Miller were competent enough by the end but even Halliday was caught sleeping at the equaliser.

However, the pitch was a disgrace and we can't win every game. Raith also deserve credit for working very hard to get back into it. Quite simply they looked the hungrier team and that's what annoyed me most in the second half.