Rangers 2 - 2 Celtic (Rangers win 5-4 after penalties)

Hey...just to get one thing straight here....our game has plummeted since Rangers were thrown out because of one thing only lads. Bigotry.

Remember this....Rangers FC were founded for sporting reasons only...nothing else!

The highlights shown were more about their misses more so than our passing and possession, let them show the bad if they want it's frustrating though.

Small point...if you want look at the foul Halliday made near the end where Griffiths popped one off the bar via Wes' fingertips.

The foul was 35 yards out, the ref was right on it with a yellow shown to Andy then let them take the kick from 30 yards (a more likelihood of scoring from that distance unless you are Charlie Adam) That failure from the ref could have cost us a final place and more importantly a possible run in Europe next year.

Being pickety I know but, the ref gave Griffiths the chance to score direct from the kick as opposed to having to lump the ball in from 35 yards.

I'm happy he had a direct hit. Their direct free kicks were shite all day long. But we struggled to cope with their set pieces into the box. Ref helped us IMHO.

[video=youtube;dVQiwVe-tJE]

Good on the Celtic man taking his dose...I love that in football, maybe the real bigots can be discarded from our game instead of focusing on Rangers all the time.

Lets start with the catholics....:lol:

I'm happy he had a direct hit. Their direct free kicks were shite all day long. But we struggled to cope with their set pieces into the box. Ref helped us IMHO.

Griffiths nearly knocked us out man? And as I tried to point out it should never have been allowed? The distance.

Griffiths nearly knocked us out man? And as I tried to point out it should never have been allowed? The distance.

But he didn't. And there is no saying that if it had been taken from the original spot he may have knocked it into the box and someone scored with a header.

I find it churlish that we are complaining about the ref letting them steal a few yards at a free kick when that same ref made a mistake in giving us a throw in, from which we scored our 2nd goal.

Mark Warburton warns Rangers board they must spend this summer

By ROBERT GRIEVE

08:00, 18 Apr 2016

comments

MOST POPULAR

John Hartson: Rangers will be lucky to escape with 4-0 defeat to Celtic:celebrate2:

ALL Ronny Deila has to do is make sure no one in his team poops their pants at Hampden tomorrow

HERE was a well-coached team with a well-drilled way of playing against a team hoping that things would turn out okay

MARK WARBURTON last night warned Rangers’ money men NOT to get carried away by yesterday’s epic Old Firm win — insisting his squad still needs major summer investment.

Warburton heaped enormous praise on his Championship side for beating rivals Celtic at Hampden in a thrilling penalty shootout.

But the Ibrox boss has begged Gers owner Dave King and Ibrox directors not to be fooled by the final result.

Warbs

Warburton says beating rivals doesn't hide the fact Gers need to strengthen EPA

Asked if the power brokers would be making a mistake to think the gap between the clubs had been closed, Warbs said: “Absolutely. The gap is there. Don’t be fooled by that. The better team won, but there is a gap there and we’ve got to recognise that.

“We cannot go into next season feeling satisfied with second, third or fourth. We need to go into the season to be highly competitive.

“To do that we’ve got to keep working hard on and off the pitch.

“If we can get the environment right and the quality of player right we’ll be in a good place.

“But there is still a gap there, don’t be fooled.

“Celtic are a team packed with international players. They have European players and we need to recognise that.

“Nothing has changed from the previous message — we have to work hard to close the gap. But what that showed was the gap is nowhere near as big as certain people have made out.”

Warburton’s Gers will face Hibs in the final on May 21, with European football up for grabs for both Championship sides.

He added: “It impacts on our recruitment as well. I think if we do win the final then we have to add one or two more players in terms of depth in the squad. So, again, that type of conversation has to go on.

“But we have been making rapid strides.

“There will be down times, there will be bad days as well, so you have to make sure you are ready for them and try and recruit wisely, get the environment right and keep on pushing on.

“I don’t want to repeat myself, but it’s important we don’t stop now.

“If Rangers stop we have a problem. We have to keep on pushing really hard.”

Warburton’s heroes were well worth their Hampden win and he added: “I’m delighted for the fans. Their level of support was magnificent. They’ve been to some dark places in the last four or five years so it’s great they can enjoy days like these.

“We were down to the bare minimum with just 16 players. But we deserved to win the game of football and that’s the most pleasing thing.

“We dominated the first half and conceded from two breaks. But to show the character to come back was outstanding.

“We had some young players with the experienced ones and they were first class.

“I read some outrageous report about how many Celtic would score and how it would be a cricket score.

“Well, hopefully we have shown the gap is a lot narrower than they imagined.”

Asked if he was irritated by pre-match predictions Celtic would enjoy a comfortable win, Warbs added: “Yeah, I’m irritated. The favourites have to be Celtic, absolutely have to be.

“Anyone that understands football would say they have the stronger squad, they have the experience, they have the financial impetus so they are the favourites. I understand it.

“But I was irritated by people underestimating Rangers. We have been good this season.

“We have not been clearing the league by 17 or 20 points by chance.

“A young squad has come together quickly. So all credit to the players.

“I think they deserved quite a bit more respect.

“I read reports about them getting battered by Celtic.

“Well, they showed they have quality, commitment, work ethic, and that gap is a lot, lot narrower than those people were talking about.

“I was also bemused by people saying I’d crumble under the pressure.

“If you can’t enjoy that then don’t be in the game of football.

“We now look forward to the final on May 21. There goes my summer holiday. I could be divorced by the 22rd! But I’ll enjoy this.”

I could be divorced by the 22rd, Love the humour. Get your family up here Mark you are here for the long haul.

PS. The story is crap and they have put words in his mouth. If Warburton wants to discuss money with the board it will not be via the press.

Edited by pete

Craig Gordon: I tried every trick in the book to unsettle Rangers

Laura Brannan Laura Brannan

17 April 2016

The Celtic goalkeeper admits he attempted to unsettle the opposition in the penalty shoot-out.

Craig Gordon admits he tried his best to put Rangers off with skulduggery during the Scottish Cup semi-final penalty shoot-out.

The Ibrox side booked their place in the final against Hibernian, defeating their Glasgow rivals 5-4 on spot-kicks after a 2-2 draw over 120 minutes.

James Tavernier struck his penalty over the bar and Nicky Clark's was saved by Gordon but Tom Rogic's miss proved to be the decider inside sudden death.

The Scotland internationalist said he attempted numerous tricks to unsettled the opposition but conceded they were the better side on the day.

"There was plenty but that's all part of it," he said. "I was throwing the other goalkeeper's waterbottle away because I know he keeps some useful information on that, so that was getting launched over the advertising boards.

"I was shouting at the players I'd seen them taking penalties before but it didn't work. I tried everything to put the players off but unfortunately it didn't work for me today."

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1350899-craig-gordon-i-tried-every-trick-in-the-book-to-unsettle-rangers/?

I just can't laugh enough!:roflmao: