Mr Warburton

Lets not copy them and think we just have to turn up against Hibs to win the cup, In many senses it may be more difficult as we are no surprise to Hibs and they know how we play.

That will not happen,if there is one thing we have learned this season is the meticulous preparation the manager puts in before every single game,regardless of who we are playing,our system doesn't allow the players to waltz through a game,it just won't be tolerated

I don't think MW will allow them to switch off. His mentality has always been about "the next game" - doesn't matter if there are 2, 3 or 23 games to follow it....just focus on the NEXT game.

I think it's next to impossible to avoid degrees of complacency in this kind of situation. I think it's more about tacitly allowing for it, letting it happen and timing the return to high levels of concentration for when they are needed.

We lose 3 goals (x3) then in the last three games lose only one goal (90 mins) and tie up the League, the Petrofac Cup and a SC Final appearance.

Thus far we've timed our runs very well, eg. Hibs 4-2, Dundee 4-0 and yesterday.

We let things slip against St.Johnstone but I think we learned from that and have their best player in our squad.

Edited by buster.

Our cup final against Hibs will either be very difficult or very easy depending on how Hibs play-offs have gone. If they know they are already subjected to another season in the second tier, they will be easy to beat as the heads will be well down. If they have won the play-offs it will be a tough match as they will be on a high.

Either way I think we will beat them with the carrot of European football dangling and the desire this team will show to win the trophy.

I would love to meet the buffoon who let Mark "the messiah" Warburton leave Brentford and shake his hand. What the hell where they thinking? From what I gather they wanted to use stastistics to buy players where the manager had no say in who was brought in and he refused point blank.

I said it when he first came and ill say it again. Mark Warburton will leave this club a legend, and a legacy that will leave the club in good standing for years to come. He is our modern day bill struth.

I would love to meet the buffoon who let Mark "the messiah" Warburton leave Brentford and shake his hand. What the hell where they thinking? From what I gather they wanted to use stastistics to buy players where the manager had no say in who was brought in and he refused point blank.

I said it when he first came and ill say it again. Mark Warburton will leave this club a legend, and a legacy that will leave the club in good standing for years to come. He is our modern day bill struth.

You gather correctly. His name is Matthew Benham, and he owns a betting exchange which isn't dissimilar to betfair. He wanted to go down the "Moneyball" route which recruits players based solely on statistical analysis.

From what I have read, and from what you hear from both Warburton & Weir, they do actually believe in statistics (remember Warburton talking about the %age of corners being played into the box resulting in goals less than 20% of the time ? Or when he said that stastically speaking the most advantageous time to make a sub was between 65 and 72 minutes or something like that ?).

The reason Warburton resigned though was because, even though he believes in statistical analysis he also believes that you cant take the "human" out of the equation. Benham wanted statistics to determine recruits whilst Warburton wanted statistics to be a PART of the process, not the whole process.

Warburton's winning %age at Brentford was 51% making him the "winningest" manager in their history. And that included a season where played in the Championship with the 3rd lowest budget having just gotten promoted the season before. Very impressive statistics.

As I said previously, we won a watch with Warburton - I just hope we can hang onto him for many years to come.

This week's game won't be a real benchmark for the final. We will sure have King and O'Halloran back, while we might be able to field Waghorn in the final, when the other two are missing. What is for sure though is that the players will (most likely) be focussed on the game at hand. That, IMHO, has been on of our strengths this season.

Edited by der Berliner

So Warburton is the Messiah - and we should know, we've followed a few! Speaking of false Messiahs, PLG was reportedly in the press box. I wonder what he must be thinking at Warburton's success... His subsequent career may give him the hindsight to see that he should have treated the Rangers job a bit more seriously and with proper conviction. He eventually came accross like he was never interested and just using us as an easy one season stepping stone to the Premership - unfortunately for us and him, it wasn't as much of a piece of piss as he thought it would be, and then bailed.

Our cup final against Hibs will either be very difficult or very easy depending on how Hibs play-offs have gone. If they know they are already subjected to another season in the second tier, they will be easy to beat as the heads will be well down. If they have won the play-offs it will be a tough match as they will be on a high.

Either way I think we will beat them with the carrot of European football dangling and the desire this team will show to win the trophy.

According to SPFL website the playoffs will not be over by the cup final day.

I don't think he's the messiah (and I'm not exactly fond of any biblical link-ups either), but he is as good a manager and football person as I have ever seen. I think we can't thank King and Co. enough for bringing him and Sir David to our club and remain speechless how many other chairmen - not least down south - have missed out on him. Long may it continue.

BTW, we obviously all know that should we lose 3 games on the trott or bow out to some bogtrotters in Europe again (which might happen in this funny old game), the tone will likely change. But that's not in the here and now, so let us enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by der Berliner