The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Warburton said: “You can go and interview someone for an hour and after five minutes you are sitting there with nothing more to be said.

"There is nothing coming back. But we had three hours in New York and we could have had six.

“We talked about football and systems of play and where he sees himself.

“We went through a, b and c and the fact is you can sit there and talk about football all night if it’s the right person.

“I had that with Joey (Barton), I had that with Clint (Hill), he came to see me at St George’s Park and right away you know it’s the right person.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14573960.Mark_Warburton__New_York_chat_with_Niko_Kranjcar_convinced_me_he_can_shine_at_Rangers/

I think it very encouraging that a positive personal connection was made between the manager and the players, prior to them signing.

If an experienced spine of a team buy into the 'project' it's a good start.

Warburton said: “You can go and interview someone for an hour and after five minutes you are sitting there with nothing more to be said.

"There is nothing coming back. But we had three hours in New York and we could have had six.

“We talked about football and systems of play and where he sees himself.

“We went through a, b and c and the fact is you can sit there and talk about football all night if it’s the right person.

“I had that with Joey (Barton), I had that with Clint (Hill), he came to see me at St George’s Park and right away you know it’s the right person.

“Likewise Niko. I was delighted with the desire and quality of question and I hope the Rangers fans enjoy seeing a player of that quality on the pitch.”

For a City business man who was successful outside football, Warbs has a helluva good eye for good football players with ability and vision too. Winning 55 looks very possible with this manager and losing him to a big English club will follow soon after I hate to say.

Cammy Bell has signed for the Arabs, despite a last minute attempt by a prem club to hijack the deal. For someone at a good age with a year left we should have got a fee from that horrible scummy club, and if they refused they don't get the player. With other clubs interested, for us to get nothing for him is really bad business. If it turns out we paid him anything to leave I will be raging.

We have clearly learned nothing from the Darren McGregor fiasco last season. Disappointing.

Cammy Bell has signed for the Arabs, despite a last minute attempt by a prem club to hijack the deal. For someone at a good age with a year left we should have got a fee from that horrible scummy club, and if they refused they don't get the player. With other clubs interested, for us to get nothing for him is really bad business. If it turns out we paid him anything to leave I will be raging.

We have clearly learned nothing from the Darren McGregor fiasco last season. Disappointing.

Been said before ... who knows what he was earning? Perhaps it was seen as better business to pay him off than have him sit around doing nothing while eating up wages. It happens on occasion, not that often though. Looks like bad business, sounds like bad business, is probably bad business. Shit happens. The contract pendulum swings boths ways. We probably didn't want him any longer, but he wasn't exactly willing to go just because ...

McGregor's deal was up, was it not? Goian was bad business though, as we paid him off despite he already had a new club willing to sign him.

the reason we're signing guys as old as this is we have no money to sign quality at the peak of their careers

That's not an immediate problem since no one in Scotland does. If it's top quality it's going to the EPL and you could probably count on little more than one hand how many teams outside the EPL could compete with them for the best at their peak. At this point we're competing with Celtic, possibly Aberdeen and possible thorn in the side Hearts to win this league.

We can certainly beat Aberdeen and Hearts in the signing stakes and Celtic are no financial giant either. Plus we already played them off the park with a team not as strong as the one now under construction. Keep in mind what the manger achieved last season with a hastily assembled virtually patchwork team and think what he can do with this new well planned constructed side who will have a full pre-season together.

We can seriously take this league in the first year back if we can hit the ground running as we did last season and I believe we can indeed do that. Aside from a carefully crafted side that's been in the planning probably most of the year we have this new league cup format to tinker with the team and get up to speed for the real action on league day one.

That's all I care about regarding the league cup, getting the team up to full match fitness and prepardeness though giving Motherwell a hiding would be greatly appreciated.

FALKIRK have confirmed that the Bairns’ development chief Creag Robertson has left to take up a new role at Rangers as Head of Academy Football Business and Education.

Robertson spent seven years at Falkirk, initially joining on a part-time basis before moving into a full-time position running the club’s Academy

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-heskey-turns-down-hibs-rodgers-held-england-talks-barton-brown-feud-rages-on-kranjcar-jets-in-1-4162021

A signing that could be more important than any individual player.

Getting the infrastructure right is fundamental and there has been a steady stream of changes in the last year or so, looking to achieve this.

And what if the second team were only interested if the deal was on the same terms as uniteds? You're quick to go dan, man.

BTW, while not in exchange for this Academy chap, of course, Luca Gasparotto has signed for Falkirk.

I think Gasparotto was out of contract although a development fee may be applicable.