The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

absolutely. If Vuckic is available we should go for him !

I'm never sure about a lot of those targets as I've generally never seen them play or know much about them. For previous players I'm not a great fan of going back but in this case, we've at least seen him play for us, and he seemed fairly decent and probably in our price range. Depends if the manager rates him and thinks he fits in to the plan.

The manager certainly rates him...http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/haris-vuckic-rangers-asked-back-7191852#XidOe6tmlLiF1rG6.97

Vuckic knocked him back because he wanted to play in a better league with Wigan. Now that we're are out of the Championship maybe if MW still wants him he'll join up. I hope so.

My one issue with MW is his love of the loan system. We should be big enough now to have our own contracted players; different when we were in the championship.

Depends on the standard of player you get. We very much need to realize that we, and Scottish football in general, are no longer that big of a pull for players.

My one issue with MW is his love of the loan system. We should be big enough now to have our own contracted players; different when we were in the championship.

I see his point but what I don't like is that it restricts opportunities for our own U20s. I think there is a longer term plan now at Rangers that King has just explained, which emphasises youth development. Contrasting this with the Moneyball system at Brentford who were just trying to compete with less money than most, I think his love of the loan system may be shelved.

The odd, highly skilled player that fits in the system would be fine - a player like say Weiss might now suit us, where he didn't fit in under Smith. Vuckic did okay and I thought he was good quality. The likes of Oduwa and Zelalem, you would hope would now struggle to get into the team with the new signings and in future. Same with Ball, while he was decent enough, I'd hope that we aspire to usually have an U20 or two of our own of that level in future.

I see his point but what I don't like is that it restricts opportunities for our own U20s. I think there is a longer term plan now at Rangers that King has just explained, which emphasises youth development. Contrasting this with the Moneyball system at Brentford who were just trying to compete with less money than most, I think his love of the loan system may be shelved.

The odd, highly skilled player that fits in the system would be fine - a player like say Weiss might now suit us, where he didn't fit in under Smith. Vuckic did okay and I thought he was good quality. The likes of Oduwa and Zelalem, you would hope would now struggle to get into the team with the new signings and in future. Same with Ball, while he was decent enough, I'd hope that we aspire to usually have an U20 or two of our own of that level in future.

Yes, priority should be given to developing our own and loan signings should only be considered when clearly better than what we have and/or are a better fit.

Hopefully we will have more talented players coming through in the coming years and it lessens the need for taking on loans.