The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Strange one this. Surely his wages alone would make it a non-starter??

It's not always about money when you're talking about someone who already has more money than he could spend in multiple lifetimes. I'm sure Barton too could have made more money than he is with us but he doesn't need it.

But in saying that I would still be surprised if he came to us though it does fit in with the 'sensational' signing rumour. That would indeed be sensational.

He's already said he'll take a wage cut for a move away from Turkey...how much of a wage cut is the question?

Would be unbelievable if we pulled this off. Can't say I've followed his career since he moved to Turkey but at 33 (next month) I suppose his wage demands may not be what they once where. Would've still thought he's way beyond what we could offer though - unless he has ambition to play for us and is prepared to take a huge wage cut for the pleasure!

Translation of one those twitter messages.

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Rangers FC 's Scottish League Team .. They are quite serious attempts on Robin van Persie transfer.

I don't know anything about bookies odds and what they actually mean...:flute:

Latest...

Rangers 11/10

Stoke 3/1

Middlesbrough 7/1

Everton 8/1

PSG 8/1

Lazio 16/1

Barcelona 18/1

West Ham 20/1

Leicester 25/1

Real Madrid 25/1

Arsenal 33/1

Rangers lead race to sign Van Persie as bookies slash odds

Rangers are the front runners to sign former Arsenal and Man Utd striker Robin Van Persie according to bookies who have slashed the odds on him joining the Ibrox club.

The Dutch international is currently playing in Turkey for Fenerbahce, but SkyBet have this evening cut the odds on him joining Rangers to 6/4.

It is understood Van Persie is unhappy in Turkey after an indifferent season last year and a significant change in the political stability in the country.

SkyBet have now placed the move to Rangers at 11/8 with social media awash with rumours.

The likes of Paris Saint Germain dropped their interest in signing Van Persie two days ago, apparently clearing the way for Rangers to make a move with Stoke their only real competition for his signature.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/986864/rangers-lead-race-sign-van-persie-bookies-slash-odds/