One player not applauding

It's interesting to think about this sort of thing in the context of team sports. In this case the manager, perhaps the club, has decided that the team should do it but some players abstain. A player that abstains implies that he is somehow different from his team mates. Although it is a fairly trivial act it sets a precedent that not all instructions should be followed. The players no longer trust each other to act in the interests of the team when some personal interest comes up. It's not a recipe for success.

Successful enough in getting them a point on Saturday :ninja::D

Edited by craig

" MICHAEL Duffy says his goal against Scottish Championship winners, Rangers in front of 50,000 supporters at Ibrox on Sunday was the highlight of his season as the Celtic loanee took special pleasure in spoiling the party atmosphere.

And the former Derry City winger expects the backlash for his snubbing of Rangers’ guard of honour to die down soon, adding that he found the reaction to his refusal to partake in the pre-match pleasantries, amusing.

Duffy, who is part of the Hoops’ development squad, stood with his hands behind his back as his teammates clapped Rangers onto the pitch ahead of Alloa’s shock 1-1 draw at the Glasgow venue.

And he further infuriated the home fans when he opened the scoring for the Championship’s basement club, who will be plying their trade in League One next year, after just seven minutes as he raced in behind the Gers’ defence and powered his shot into the far corner from just inside the penalty area.

“It was a class feeling,” he said. “I’ve had a tough enough season but I’ve enjoyed it and the last month has been going well for me, especially to score at Ibrox - that’s just made my season.

“There’s nothing much else to it really. I play for Celtic so that’s the only real reason I did it,” he said of his snub to Rangers who return to the top flight after four years. “I’m sure it will all die down after a while but it’s funny to see everyone go mad about it. It’s just the way it is being a Celtic player. "

http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/derry-city-news/celtic-michael-duffy-s-delight-at-spoiling-rangers-title-party-1-7349443?

He's certainly classless enough to be a top mank.

Guys like Gary Harkins of Dundee you can take with a certain amount of salt especially when they come out 'found out' and say 'it was a joke'...Duffy not applauding stinks of disrespect and a slice of 'bigotry' when not respecting your fellow professional for winning things. He represents Alloa Athletic on loan from you know who btw.

image.jpg

Edited by Bearman

Remember he is a loanee from the manky mob who have to resort to a minutes applause as they are too reprehensible in not observing a tribute of a minute's silence.

No doubt taught by the more senior manky mob home players.