Is this Rangers strip for next season?

The Rangers strips could be made of solid gold and cost a fiver - I won't be buying one while Ashley is involved. It's up to any other fan to decide themselves whether they want to fund that parasite.

It is very easy to pontificate the reason to not buy the tops because Ashley has his grubby hands on the merchandising deal.

It is also very easy to do that when you don't have any kids and have no vested nor emotional interest in it. Not pointing fingers cal.

However, I started buying my kid one Rangers top a season since his birth and, from probably his 2nd birthday I had it in my mind that I would buy one each year with his age on it, get them framed and then present them to him on his 18th birthday.

So whilst you are right, it isn't that important, it was a choice that I made long before Charles Green or Mike Ashley darkened the club's door. One aspect that you seem to be missing or overlooking here is thus : Why should any Bear have to change plans which they have had in place for years and long before the likes of Ashley came along, just because Ashley and Charles Green f*cked the Club over ?

I have had a laugh and joke in person with Ian and Frankie about this - but I am sure there are many like me who had the same plans for their kids - we weren't the ones to screw the Club over, yet would be the ones (ALL of us) having to take a stance on something that should never have impacted us.

No disrespect to Lion Brand as their stuff looks to be excellent quality - but my intent was always to have a match jersey for each year from his birth to his 18th - I also wasn't anticipating having to explain that from his 8th birthday to his 11th birthday that we wouldn't be challenging for the Premier league title :(

NONE of us want to give Ashley a penny - but it is a dilemma for those who have had plans laid for many a year.

Hard to believe that some were happy to have Ashley involved at the Club :(

When I got my tops when I was young I couldn't wait to get it on and even slept in it. I personally think buying a kid a top and telling him it is going in a frame on the wall a bit strange to be honest. Everyone has a different outlook I suppose, although it that seems to be more about you than your kid getting a top. Sorry just my opinion.

When I got my tops when I was young I couldn't wait to get it on and even slept in it. I personally think buying a kid a top and telling him it is going in a frame on the wall a bit strange to be honest. Everyone has a different outlook I suppose, although it that seems to be more about you than your kid getting a top. Sorry just my opinion.

Read it again then. He wears the jersey but once he outgrows it I smuggle it away for safekeeping to be framed. So you can find it strange all you like - but you might want to actually be fully aware of a situation before casting judgement.

The kid has no idea that I am even purchasing them for that reason. Aye ok pete, it is all about me. That notion of having a kid and then an idea that when they turn 18 of giving them a sentimental gift of framed Rangers jerseys with the numbers 1 through 18 as a nice "extra" gift is all about me.

Thankfully the people who truly know me know that there is very, very little of my being that is "more about me". I am someone who thinks about everyone else before even considering myself.

Anyway, I'm out of this discussion because it is leaving a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

This is an uncomfortable -- and frankly, unnecessary -- discussion. I'm certain every Bear knows the situation and will weigh the consequences carefully. It's essentially a heart versus head dilemma; ultimately, a personal choice. One can certainly opine on the issue, but judgement should be omitted. (I don't believe for a second judgement was intended, but it has unfortunately reared its head.)

Edited by Rousseau

Read it again then. He wears the jersey but once he outgrows it I smuggle it away for safekeeping to be framed. So you can find it strange all you like - but you might want to actually be fully aware of a situation before casting judgement.

The kid has no idea that I am even purchasing them for that reason. Aye ok pete, it is all about me. That notion of having a kid and then an idea that when they turn 18 of giving them a sentimental gift of framed Rangers jerseys with the numbers 1 through 18 as a nice "extra" gift is all about me.

Thankfully the people who truly know me know that there is very, very little of my being that is "more about me". I am someone who thinks about everyone else before even considering myself.

Anyway, I'm out of this discussion because it is leaving a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

I read it again and still read it as you bought them to frame them at no point did you say it was for him to wear. I just reacted to what I read and obviously if he gets to wear it changes my whole point of view. I get framing the old top and can understand that. I know that you are not self-centred for what you have done on here and I actually thought you may buy 2 with one to frame. Put it down to your post not being 100% clear and me not looking past the end of my nose. Apologies.

I have no problem with you buying one although I personally won't be but my circumstances are completely different and I have never always bought a strip. They are all too skin-tight for me now anyway as I would look like the Mitchilin man in them.:)

This is an uncomfortable -- and frankly, unnecessary -- discussion. I'm certain every Bear knows the situation and will weigh the consequences carefully. It's essentially a heart versus head dilemma; ultimately, a personal choice. One can certainly opine on the issue, but judgement should be omitted. (I don't believe for a second judgement was intended, but it has unfortunately reared its head.)

no. you can judge

anyone putting money in that parasite's pocket is wrong

i've said it before , educate your child as to WHY it can't be bought

children aren't precious or idiots.