Rangers Refuse To Wear New Strip In Scottish Cup Final?

I could be wrong, but I get the impression from what has been said about the weird contract we had, that the club will have to pay for the existing, unsold merchandise. I think it seems like an easy price to pay for ending the deal.

I could be wrong, but I get the impression from what has been said about the weird contract we had, that the club will have to pay for the existing, unsold merchandise. I think it seems like an easy price to pay for ending the deal.

I believe that it's Rangers Retail that have that obligation and not the club.

Must admit I'd rather they didn't get Rodgers

There are different ways to look at it.

I reckon it'd mean the Scottish game getting more attention down South with The Warburton Way at a resurgent Rangers taking on whatever Rodgers offers in response. That this might actually make the job more appealing to MW medium term.

If Rodgers is appointed and given a relatively large transfer budget then it may make our task harder but it would also represent a financial gamble by Celtic.

I think MW and the footballing operation have shown that they are deserving of our confidence within reasonable parameters/timescale regardless of what Celtic do.

Edited by buster.

If Rodgers is appointed and given a relatively large transfer budget then it may make our task harder but it would also represent a financial gamble by Celtic.

It would no doubt make our task more difficult however, we above anybody else can recognise the hazards of throwing money at a playing squad. The manks are already overburdened with a bloated squad. I don't see anybody there they can shift on for 10 million or so and would doubt there's anyone willing to walk away after tearing up a lucrative contract to go and play elsewhere. There is also the gangrene brigade who will continue to call for boycotts if the resolution 12 nonsense isn't taken up by their board. In short, unless Desmond is ready to open up his wallet I don't think anybody like Rodgers will be taking over. I'd look to Lennon going back.

Just trying to cover all angles,he couldnt slap an injunction on us at 2.45pm on Saturday(as regards strips),could he.?

Cos if he could,he wouldnt hesitate.

I doubt it. I cant imagine the contract stipulates that we have to wear a new version of the kit in the final. Certainly here in Bermuda (small fry admittedly) clubs have to provide the Association with their intended kits at the start of the season. If that is the case then I cant see how he could prevent the Club from simply wearing the official kit for the current season.

Lets not forget that the new kit is for NEXT season and therefore not officially our kit as yet.

Could be wrong right enough.