Durranty offski.

Cal, very first thing that jumps out from those stats is that MW has a high hit-rate regards selecting who to go with and making it work, ie. Barrie McKay.

One Barrie Mckay is better than ten who are played and don't develop.

You just can't admit when you're obviously wrong, can you? Slicing, dicing, twisting things, including irrelevances (loan players), stating supposition as fact, ignoring stuff that disagrees with you. Maybe one day... :whistle:

It just shows that your dislike of someone really stops you seeing any sense... I await the time you show some balance and consistency.

My main point is that when the facts are overwhelmingly against you, maybe it's time to hold back the snarky comments about former club employees.

Oh Christ on a bike. OK cal, everyone is wrong and you are right. Happy enough ?

I have no dislike of Ally McCoist, so lets be clear. I do, however, believe he is a poor manager - and I was one that defended him till there was no further defence of him. You talk about supposition and them assume that because I believe Ally to be a poor manager that means I have a dislike for him. I find that position interesting especially given that I have had the opportunity to speak with Ally on a number of occasions during the "journey" and at no point have I had reason to dislike him - added to that the fact that he was coming to Bermuda on vacation and I managed to get him to agree to make a presentation to my son's Club, as well as the coaches, given we have a partnership with Rangers and offered to take him golfing and for dinner - yep, I dislike the guy so much.......

Slicing, dicing and twisting - is that not what you did with the whole "woe is Ally, he had to deal with no players, a terrible Board, extenuating circumstances" - when it suits you to throw out stuff that defends your own position you are happy to do so - when it is done by others you consider it nonsense. You can have at it, for as I originally typed, and subsequently deleted, it is absolutely futile trying to debate with you.

Why do loan players not count ? Ball, Zelalem, Oduwa don't count ? Or you mean those going outwards on loans ? Either way I find it amusing that you ask people to debate sensibly or ignore the thread..... and then don't debate sensibly yourself.

Your inability to have any flexibility is not a strength.

I shouldn't be surprised by someone who argued the case that Ally McCoist was the one who "developed" Barry McKay - despite the kid being a product of Kilmarnock and despite the fact that when he got into the 1st team squad Ally attempted to push him out on loan as quickly as he could.

Interestingly enough, you asked for debate or for people to ignore - and as soon as someone tried to debate with you..... you made zero attempt to debate the opposite suggestion, but merely suggest that someone's dislike of Ally clouds their judgement.

I have no interest in debating any further with you Cal. Your first attempt to "debate" my position was awful and amounted to nothing more than slurs. I wont be bothering again.

Oh Christ on a bike. OK cal, everyone is wrong and you are right. Happy enough ?

Interestingly enough, you asked for debate or for people to ignore - and as soon as someone tried to debate with you..... you made zero attempt to debate the opposite suggestion, but merely suggest that someone's dislike of Ally clouds their judgement.

It's not a debate he wants it's a platform to pontificate.

:popeyjoe:

McCoist was unfairly tarred with not playing youth. He gave a large number a shot. The only thing to debate is whether he was correct or not in deeming each individual youth player as not good enough to hold a regular starting position. Age should not determine whether you play or not, the best player should play irrespective of age.

Now that we have had our little (and pointless) persona-bashing, back to the topic.

Aside from the question who will replace Durrant, one would also like to know how our u20s will shape up, given that we sent quite a few away. And whether we will take part in this Challenge Cup thing as Rangers u20s or Rangers Swifts.