Joey Barton on Scott Brown

He by talking like this makes him a target for some of the so called football journalists that spout their bigoted bile and hatred to our club I would rather he got on the par and played his heart out for the club and the fans who will no doubt love him if he delivers on the park

I'm happy he has confidence - a little worried that he underestimates the task in hand though.

Generally it's better to under promise and then over perform.

The other option is to promise nowt but JB would seem to enjoy the public profile. If he engages on various fronts, in Glasgow that could take up a lot of his energy. Personally, I'd prefer he keep quiet and play football unless something really need to be said, preferably post-match.

Exactly Uilleam.... We forget that Brown tried the mind games shite with Halliday and got shown up big time. I have absolutely no issue with Barton saying exactly what everyone else on here is thinking. I'm sure Barton is perplexed that Brown is even mentioned in the same breath as him. Brown is, IMHO, a very poor player who has been rewarded handsomely for the "dark ages" football we see deployed in Scotland.... A good "blood and snotters" player but when reality hists actually a very poor player technically. He knows he won a watch signing for Celtic and getting 25k a week, hence why he never left... Knew he couldn't cut it anywhere else.

Barton on the other hand.....

We really did pay "half the money, twice the player" between Kevin Thomson and Scott Brown, was just sad Thomson had injury issues or he would have surpassed Brown's career too.

Edited by craig

JB must have an incling Brooooooon hasn't got nearly enough talent to shut him up on the park. It is far more likely this will wind him up and the first OF game the deranged maddy will get himself sent off after trying to kick anything in sight.

If it were a talented player going through a bad patch, I would be worried, however it's Brooooooooooon so I suspect JB is playing with him.

Edited by cooponthewing

JB must have an incling Brooooooon hasn't got nearly enough talent to shut him up on the park. It is far more likely this will wind him up and the first OF game the deranged maddy will get himself sent off after trying to kick anything in sight.

If it were a talented player going through a bad patch, I would be worried, however it's Brooooooooooon so I suspect JB is playing with him.

There isnt a ref in Scotland that will send off Brooooon in an OF game. He has a licence to do whatever he likes.

I would like to know the context of this comment, but yes, he should be doing his talking on the pitch.

Just a chat about next season with Alan Brazil. IIRC Brazil just asked him short OF games and coming up against Brown.

The following link has a fuller audio version of the comment where he also states that there are "some good sides and some really good players up there"

I don't mind if he gets under Browns skin and maybe this type of thing will see Brown and not Barton red carded when they collide especially so if Barton is playing him off the park as he appears to think he can.