Predictions for EURO 2016 Quarter-Finals

KSÍ - Knattspyrnusamband Íslands mit Jolanta M. Magdalena und Lísa Björg Ingvarsdóttir.

To all our fans, all around the world. Thanks for being there for us. It is your support that brought us this far. Stay with us, and together we can go even further. Peace and love to you all, from the players and staff on the Icelandic national team!

13558898_1132051400151165_4824101172718396415_o.jpg

I'll just keep it as is. Thanks for your input!

The extra point for predicting the penalty shoot-out winner would've been a good addition -- something to think about for WC'18?

Edited by Rousseau

It's Wales v Portugal, not Bale v Ronaldo, says Bale

I expect that is indeed the way Gareth Bale sees it. But he probably knows as well as I do that's not the way the egomaniac Ronaldo sees it. I beleieve Ronaldo would decline to make a pass that woud be certain to clinch a winning goal if he thought he had just a half chance to clinch it himself.

'Bale v Ronaldo' is a cheap and obvious media slant that pays homage to the galactico.

Portugal have reached the semi-final despite of Ronaldo more than because of him.

Bale has played a major part in the Welsh effort but it's the collective (including mgmt.) that has been the biggest plus.

Even the truly great Johan Cruyff said that Ronadlo is not a "great player" outside his own massive head. Cruyff stated that Messi is a great player while Ronaldo is a great goal scorer.

Former Barcelona player and coach Johan Cruyff says that current Blaugrana star Lionel Messi is a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo, as the Real Madrid Galactico is just "a great goal scorer" who does not concern himself with how the team plays overall.

The 68-year-old said in Mundo Deportivo that Messi was more of a team player than Ronaldo, who was only worried with goals, not passes or assists.

"I have always liked the little technical players, because I was like that," Cruyff said. "Cristiano is a good player, but he is a goal scorer. He will never be a player who can make a team, or who is concerned that the team plays well, he is just worried about finishing.

"By contrast, Messi is much more a team player: he gives passes, makes many more assists. As a player, not as a goalscorer, although he scores many goals."

Cruyff claimed that the distinction between being a "great player" and a "great goal scorer" was too subtle for most football fans to understand.

"For me there is a big difference between being a great player and a goal scorer," he said. "That is why you must look at things differently, looking at the details. Very few people do that. It is difficult to explain because nobody will understand it."

Even the truly great Johan Cruyff said that Ronadlo is not a "great player" outside his own massive head. Cruyff stated that Messi is a great player while Ronaldo is a great goal scorer.

Cue 40% of Spain saying ...."well he would say that, wouldn't he........"

I agree with Cruyff and I don't think it that difficult to understand for the majority of objective observers.