Predictions for EURO 2016 Quarter-Finals

Unbelievable. Wales in the semi final.

Could win it mate going by that game, their defence is really solid, the guy Chester has went up a hundred fold from my previous thoughts on the player. Shame Ramsay misses the semi after that yellow.

Edited by Bearman

Well done Wales.Well done both teams for contributing to a smashing game of football.

Many years ago I dreamed of seeing a Scottish team produce displays like we've seen from the taffies. We certainly had the squad to do it. Unfortunately we had managers who made wrong decisions like Ormond who had us sit back against Zaire or dumplings like McLeod who not only didn't recognise who could actually do a job for us but also showed his true value as a fanny by not doing any scouting of the sides we were facing.

Once again , well done Wales ! You've a fan for the rest of this tournament - somebody who normally couldn't give a monkeys if no Rangers players were involved.

Wales were well under the cosh for large chunks of this match and at 2-1 late in the second half it was like a Belgian siege of the Welsh goal and I began to feel something had to give.

But all credit to the Welsh, they fought tooth and nail like Welsh dragons for every ball and pulled it off against one of the best international teams in the world.

... 2nd half reminded me of so many games from us this season. Testing, probing, probing, testing ... and people not taking the responsibility and shoot.

Gutted for the Belgians, but at the same time delighted for the Welsh. You can but hope that they keep up scoring like they have throughout.

NB: Didn't notice that the Belgians had their whole centre half contingent sidelined ... that would have changed my predictions somewhat (though I still had voted for a Belgian win).

The refrain says it all ...

Dwyt ti'm yn cofio Macsen,

Does neb yn ei nabod o;

Mae mil a chwe chant o flynyddoedd

Yn amser rhy hir i'r co';

Pan aeth Magnus Maximus o Gymru

Yn y flwyddyn tri-chant-wyth-tri,

A'n gadael yn genedl gyfan

A heddiw: wele ni!

Ry'n ni yma o hyd, (x2)

Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth, (x3)

Ry'n ni yma o hyd, (x2)

Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth,(x3)

Ry'n ni yma o hyd.

Sort of knocks on the head the eternal Scottish excuse of being "just a small nation" Wales and Iceland who are both even smaller appear to have overcome that problem.