British Teams in Europe 16/17

What did they expect when they hired him? His awful record speaks for itself. He will tarnish the already-tarnished name of hibz even further. I hope he does

Both him and them are well suited to each other,horrible shitty wee club and Petrie is a disgrace to Scottish football,how he is still in his job with the SFA is unbelievable!

Hope that Bröndby put them out (sad as it is for the Scottish co-efficient) ... but I noted that Hertha Berlin awaits the victors and I wouldn't want hem and him in my town.

Too bad that we let the Cup Final slip out of our hands. Rangers in Berlin ... that would have been a feast!

I was thinking (like a sellik man taking a bath, not done well, but surprising to see it happen at all) during the early morning monsoon in Glasgow,

about the world's favourite underdogs, Lincoln Red Imps. Suppose, I thought, the Imps were holding the advantage at the piggery tonight, say, 0 - 0, 1 - 1,

whatever, at, say, around the 73rd minute or thereby, when the heavens opened again, which looks far from unlikely, flooding the pitch, washing away the main stand,

backing up the sewers, ruining makeup and outfits (rendering Brenda's special friend unplayable), and causing the abandonment of the match.

Would the tie be awarded to Gibraltar's Finest?

Edited by Uilleam

Maybe he's preparing them for an even greater humiliation but of course he wont be embarrassed. I suspect everybody else would be but not him.

"Our team will always be set up to create and score goals but if it doesn't come the message is, they just have to be patient because you might take one hour or 70 minutes in any game before you break a team down and then you can score two, three, four, five goals in the last 20 minutes."

If they haven't scored by the 70th minute they're in deep trouble. If they don't score in the first half they're verging on humiliation because the imps would then be fighting tooth and nail to hold on to the status quo. The imps wont get past the next round and they know it. This is their final.

Well the imps appear to have a mountain to climb now but I would say they should still just stick to their game plan more or less. Just one breakaway goal still wins this tie for them as it stands.

Some more from tonight ... surprisingly, both teams go through:

Them 3 Lincoln Red Imps FC 0 (agg 3-1, 3 goals in 6 mins settle this; anyone willing to check whether all HooHor players were eligible? :seal: )

FH Hafnarfjördur 2 Dundalk 2 (agg 3-3, Dundalk win on away goals rule)

.... well, I have already switched reference to teams from the British Isles, even though the Yahoos might be better off in Greenland, but woe to those living there if that came to pass ...

Dundalk are not even part of the British Isles