Scott Brown doesn't believe Rangers can challenge his Celtic team for the title

We all know Broon is wrong and so does Alim Ozturk.

Forget Rangers and Aberdeen, Alim Ozturk says Hearts are biggest threat to Celtic

ALIM OZTURK reckons Hearts could upset the odds this year and challenge Celtic for the Premiership crown.

Celtic skipper Scott Brown claimed Aberdeen were the champions’ biggest title rivals this season, while Rangers captain Lee Wallace shrugged off the midfielder’s jibe.

However, Ozturk insists the Jambos could give the Glasgow giants a run for their money this year.

Quizzed on whether Hearts could win the league, he said: “I think so.

“It’s important to get a good result and build it up from there. We play in the second week against Aberdeen so.

“I think it’s a good thing to play against the champions and a good moment to show how good we are.

“It’s important to get a good result and build it up from there. We play in the second week against Aberdeen.

“I hope we can do better than last year, that’s what we want and even in the Cups.”

Robbie Neilson’s side were dumped out of Europe a shock 2-1 aggregate defeat to Malta minnows Birkirkara FC.

But skipper Ozturk vowed it was a case of lesson learned for the Tynecastle young guns.

He told Sky Sports: “Everybody is disappointed about that and the players also but I think it’s a good experience for everybody.

“We have a young squad and it’s a good experience.”

Asked on whether Hearts are capable of bouncing back, he added: “We have to and I hope we can do that. I think the quality is there to do it.”

I wonder if it has occurred to the lego muncher that Deila has gone and the reason for that is big bad Rangers are back in the top division going for 55.

I don't think he's smart enough to realise that is hardly the actions of his club dismissing Rangers title challenge. Deila won two out of two SPFL titles IIRC

Maybe if he hadn't spent most of the SC semi in Halliday's back pocket he would have had a different view

Edited by RANGERRAB

I hope it's not too long before Brown joins that other poisonous bastard Lennon in the lower leagues.

I don't I hope Brenda builds his team round him. You can only get as good as your weakest link and if that is your main processor then you can't expect to be world beaters.

Hes pandering to a support who apparently have turned on him and can finally now see he is a rotten football player.

The semi final showed how bad he is and their so-called fans need re-assured so what better way to do that than to write us off.

Both him and their fans know we are coming after them and he is trying to kid them that the players are not worried or concerned by us.

Today Rodgers talked about how he didn't appreciate how good he is tactically! Well, he must be good at something because sure as hell he can't pass, time a tackle properly or even pop up with the occasional goal. He epitomises everything that is bad about Scottish football; he should be nowhere near the Scotland squad now and if Strachan prefers him to Darren Fletcher we're doomed.

I always thought Brown was a better attacking midfield player.

After he moved to Celtic he was played a lot deeper and I think it spoilt the natural mobility of his game.

He can't shoot pass or run with the ball. I'm not sure how that helps him attack. His single attribute is chasing people about. He is or was pretty fit and strong.

In any other country referees and fans would see him demoted to a bit part player at best.

I've never seen any player at such a high level give the ball away so much.

He can't shoot pass or run with the ball. I'm not sure how that helps him attack. His single attribute is chasing people about. He is or was pretty fit and strong.

In any other country referees and fans would see him demoted to a bit part player at best.

I've never seen any player at such a high level give the ball away so much.

When he was younger, he was adept at finding space and making forward runs. He's never been a goalscorer so perhaps that's why Celtic moved him back into defensive midfield but his positioning is more suspect there and he's not good enough on the ball to play the holding role effectively.

Like you say he's extremely over-rated and it stuns me that he's been captain of Celtic and Scotland for so long.